+21

One of the most irritating thing people do is to say words wrong,
amirite? The word is sandwich SANDwich yet everyone on tv says san wich sanwich isn't a word, amirite?

sandwich - Google Searchhttps://www.google.com/search?q=sandwich&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWodDWz_viAhWur1kKHW5uAj8Q_AUIESgC&biw=1233&bih=545#imgrc=z57V_fMFxIUs4M:
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar
5 23

I suppose sammich is out of the question then? smile smilie

@Maze I suppose sammich is out of the question then?

Put your samwich purchased at sam's club in the chimmley. a word my father in law always said, I asked him he said that is what his father and mother called a chimney. Maybe some of the words get mixed up because decades ago people couldn't read or see how words were spelled. I always said leatad instead of leotard, until someone from wisconsin asked what is that. Then I learned to say it properlydead smilie

I have no problem with people saying words wrong...If I get the gist of it, I'm good to go.

I ain't that judgemental because sometimes it is just the way people talk . If that is all I have to find irritating then I ain't got nothing to worry about.

My southern accent causes me to not be able to say certain words correctly. I work with a guy that corrects me all the time. I was like dude if I could say it that way I sure would but I can't. I used to get made fun of for how I talked. Today I don't care because its part of who I am.

These are just some words of the top of my head I mispronounce:

Dog: Dawg
Frog: Frawg
God: Gawd
Ohio: Ohia
Yellow: Yella
Window: Winda
Sandwich: Sanwich

If someone does it on purpose it doesn't bother me. I have far more things to worry about then how someone says sandwich.

@Lil_Princess I ain't that judgemental because sometimes it is just the way people talk . If that is all I have to find...

Oh I didn't know people in the south had accents, when I drove down to florida one, all I noticed was how slow everybody was, slow in movements not mind.I am in Maine, so little chance I would talk to a southern person. I have a few words that bug me too, I have to really work hard to say some words myself. I am glad I have people to correct me. allthethings smilie

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Oh I didn't know people in the south had accents, when I drove down to florida one, all I noticed was how slow...

Wooo I got a downvote...

Calling or thinking people are a hick by the way they talk shows disregard for other people's feelings as well as total ignorance. I get called a hick and it goes right through me.

Well you are entitled to enjoy being corrected however I find it irritating and disrespectful. I ain't 5, I don't need to be corrected

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I think it I don't say it. My family made speaking properly a very important lesson.

My family raised me to be kind, compassionate and understanding because not everyone is the same.

@Lil_Princess My family raised me to be kind, compassionate and understanding because not everyone is the same.

Very true that is the reason I would never say anything to someone like that. My handyman is such a hick overalls and all, but I love to hire him as he knows how to do everything I ask of him.

you don't say the letter o? In maine the people can't / won't pronounce R. thus car is CA bothers me but I am accustomed to hearing it, but I always think what a hickill smilie

Doesn't bother me....takes a lot more than that, to get me irritated..

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic....JM19NR3xj2-7OM

@2867116

OH boy cedar that is another thing. I don't understand ax instead of ask, it makes no sense to me. It is becoming impossible to understand the rotton english that people are using now. I will go for the queen'spty smilie english every time.

People not enunciating every letter of a word, is way down there for me on the most irritating things people do list.

How others speak doesn't bother me at all. I do get irritated when someone tries to correct my way of speaking.

I enjoy all the different accents and ways of speaking. A friend of mine used to call tires steel belted radio tires. I enjoyed her take on them.

The way some Americans-including Presidents-say nuclear.

@ThePrinceofWales The way some Americans-including Presidents-say nuclear.

Ha Ha I think I am forever uncertain how to say it after hearing it one way or the other, lucky I would have little reason to say it.

How do you pronounce the Twevle of LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred ?

@How do you pronounce the Twevle of LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred ?

Oh gosh that is not what I wanted for a screen name I wanted raine 1200 my email on about every mailbox I have twelve hundred is what I say

Sounds more like you're the wrong one here

Anonymous