TESTING: On this day of celebration, it is impossible not to be reminded of the harmful impact of fireworks. To wildlife, people's "pets", and the environment.

https://www.animaladvocatesscpa...-and-wildlife/

The professional fireworks displays are definitely a thrill to look at, for me too.

Image for post TESTING:  On this day of celebration, it is impossible not to be reminded  of the harmful  impact of fireworks.  To wildlife,  people's "pets",  and the environment.
17% What a KILLJOY! 8% I SET OFF Fireworks When AND where I want to!!! 4% You're Lying! 71% OTHER
Piper2s avatar
4 13

Ah oh...it posted! I thought there was an automatic "other' choice. Whoops...

@2869268

I should probably go ahead and edit my post, to add that option. I've never chosen any set answer choices before, you see, and I've seen other people say it was an automatically added thing.

I'll do that...

@2869272

Definitely not on your account. I wanted an "other" answer choice.

@2869320

Most so-called NORMAL people don't give much thought to the negative impacts of fireworks, seems to me.

@2869432

OH! That sure isn't what you've meant when you've said or implied that I'm not "normal" many other times, or something I've expressed wasn't.
Hard to know what you really mean sometimes, but this time I did think you were referring to my wanting to have an "other" option on my post. Seems I was wrong..it was a more personal sort of thing.

*Sigh.....indeed.

@2869448

No, actually not. The only "personal" thing about my post or anything I've said in replies to you, has been using some words you've used in reference to me. It was just fitting to use one of them on the subject of this post though, in my answer choices.

I'm glad you didn't think it an appropriate to one to choose, in this case. Oh wait...you did!

@2869258

Ah, you noticed that! y smilie

What about from all the other animals point of view, and all the debris that goes into waterways and pretty much everywhere it falls?

@2869266

You hadn't when I replied, but okay. I don't personally see much irony in what you said about people celebrating anything, because it's been obvious to me for a very long time...that many people don't just give a damn.

@2869270

Thank you for explaining what you meant. No babbling there, at all.

@2869324

I heard the last nearby big booms at 1:54 AM. scn smilie

Not to mention our military personnel. I am currently watching over my boyfriend who was in the Army. He said if he wakes up I am to tell him its just fireworks.

I also have a friend who has a hard time after having her vehicle blown up during a tour in Afghanistan