unknownconditions avatar
2 4

We have socialized medicine here in Canada, so I'm just happy to have a family doctor at all, gender is basically irrelevant, my 90 year old dad doesn't have a family doctor for some reason. I almost never visit the doctor, but he does fairly often because he's old. I'm not sure how our doctors' pay works, but since I rarely visit the doctor, I must be kind of a perfect person to have on their list of patients if they either have to meet a quota for how many patients they have, or get paid based on how many patients they have.

Besides taxes (which was how universal healthcare was supposed to be funded), I've paid thousands of dollars in heath insurance premiums. Despite that, when the government recently required me to have a basic physical exam to renew my Class 1 driver's licence, consisting of looking at an eye chart, having my blood pressure taken and being asked a few questions, I had to pay $209 for that service. No shit about 10 minutes of work, most of which was done by an assistant. Free healthcare my ass.

@Maze We have socialized medicine here in Canada, so I'm just happy to have a family doctor at all, gender is basically...

all my doctors previously were woman... i was fine with it … i'm glad you brought up socialized medicine because i don't know what it's like all i do know is i don't trust all these money grubbing doctors pushing worst pills then on the street , I feel like most have ulterior motives or are perverts. one example would be to invent self check for prostate cancer. The need for an actual person will be phased out soon.. this is the industry that will benefit the most from automation.

My doc is a dude but he has been my doc since I was 3.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are +1Reply
Anonymous