+20

if you don't tell people when they are offensive they will never know, amirite?

unknownconditions avatar
2 9
The voters have decided that unknowncondition is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2871923

I feel like I've been told before and ignored ..but really it's not totally on purpose ..I might explain back how it's not offensive...but I mean well

@2871930

haha i'm stuck this way

@unknowncondition I feel like I've been told before and ignored ..but really it's not totally on purpose ..I might explain back how...

right, just cause they offend you they are no going to change. My step dad was saying offensive things about black people all the time - example watching survivor, he would make rude comments about everything the black lady did, saying well no wonder cause you are just dead smilie a nigress. He wouldn't say it in public but at home he thought it was OK I didn't like it at all.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred right, just cause they offend you they are no going to change. My step dad was saying offensive things about...

I wonder what made him feel this way???
I feel like it's the same in black households towards anyone different. but I don't know

@unknowncondition I wonder what made him feel this way??? I feel like it's the same in black households towards anyone different. but...

With my stepdad it was ignorance and years of being in the navy. He told me that some people were awful in the sections he worked. So I guess just a few people swayed his vision of all that group. He thought it was funny. I think his new wife controls his every move now, she won't even let him watch TV . All they do is pray about the end of the world - 7th day Adventist..

I have no problem telling someone they are being a complete asshat

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are +1Reply

Been my experience most of 'em don't believe it.

A friend will tell you, other than the just let them continue to be offensive and run off their own friends.

Anonymous