StarzAboves avatar
5 50

Unfortunately it's not the only city to be this way.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess all big cities have their problems, used to be... +3Reply

$3500 total in fines for 35 units among a total of 9000 units is actually a very good record for anyone who knows about that business, especially in a slum city like Baltimore.
Kudos to Kushner's business.
But, of course I understand that the Trump opposition here needs to vent the hatred, so no biggie.
But, the bottom line fact is that Baltimore would still be the rat-infested, unsanitary municipality that it is with or without Kushner.
On the other hand, it should have been Cummings long ago (pre-Trump) who brought these issues to the forefront instead of Trump.
Same with LA, same with San Francisco, same with New York City, same with Detroit., and on it goes.....Unfortunately, the elected officials bothe local, state, and federal have a commonality who have chosen not to help their constituents living standards: pro-Progressivism...oh well.

It's ridiculous that Trump is labeled a racist because he tells Cummings to clean up his own district. I see no color or gender in asking him just to do his job.
I am close enough to Baltimore to have visited the Aquarium - in the past. It is too dangerous to take kids to these days and that is a real shame.
Opportunity Zones should include demolition, construction and waste removal companies at affordable prices - and not at the expense of the federal monies anymore.
Give the people the tools to help themselves. Did that federal money line pockets or did it go to political contributions? I don't know the answer but we all should want to find out.

Since the president wields no power maybe his job is to convince us to do something for ourselves

@unknowncondition Since the president wields no power maybe his job is to convince us to do something for ourselves

Of course, while he golfs every weekends and mocks others. Why should he worry about any city or state that he is president of.

Seems to me the Dem retreat should be going there and finding out where the federal money has been going to help improve Baltimore.
Stats show it to have almost double the national poverty average percentage wise.

Maybe the Trumps and the GOP want to bring revenue to the place while Progressive Dems don't want to and cannot stomach seeing their own failures after hoodwinking constituents for votes.

What specific safety codes have been documented to be violated?
And, is it only Kushner's apartments that have violated them?
According to what the WPost and others have published about this there have been about 200 code violations among those which the company previously owned by Kushner has been cited for.
The units owned have totalled about 9000 units across 17 complexes.
200 code violations across 9000 units among 17 complexes, and these mentioned (but specific code violations were not documented in the articles), and they were from the calendar year 2017...But, Kushner stepped down as executive officer of the company in 2017 when becoming a WH adviser to the potus.
Regardless, 200 citations across 9000 units seems like a pretty good record, and the total fines accrued were a mere 3500 bucks, i believe is what was stated.
Not bad seeing as how the city of Baltimore is as bad as its own citizens witness it to be where they have experienced rat infestation and the poverty.

@2874029

I got down voted also, and that "bitterness" sure isn't coming from a " Trumpophobic liberal gal".

@Piper2 I got down voted also, and that "bitterness" sure isn't coming from a " Trumpophobic liberal gal".

I think they are DVing themselves because I'm not guilty of doing that. But again they are deflecting. They didn't reply to the original question.... If Baltimore is so bad, why is the GOP holding their retreat there? lol lol

@StarzAbove I think they are DVing themselves because I'm not guilty of doing that. But again they are deflecting. They...

I don't know who is doing all the recent down voting, except that it isn't me. :)

I didn't answer that question either, but I do know that Baltimore is not so bad. You might want to edit your post a little though, as far as the GOP holding their annual retreat there every year.

(I "undid" the down vote you got for your reply to me, but you'll probably get another one)

@Piper2 I don't know who is doing all the recent down voting, except that it isn't me. :) I didn't answer that...

I'm not DVing anyone either. It looks like that's starting again. It stopped when we could see who was doing it.

@StarzAbove I'm not DVing anyone either. It looks like that's starting again. It stopped when we could see who was doing it.

I've been noticing a lot of down votes lately, on comments that even remotely criticize Trump or his administration. I've also noticed just who has and does show up with extreme opposition, anytime there is a discussion about the up and down votes no longer being "anonymous".

@Piper2 I've been noticing a lot of down votes lately, on comments that even remotely criticize Trump or his...

Sounds like they are very worried, and don't want to hear the truth about Trump. I've got a pretty good idea who the anons are. A person can't hide their writing style.

@StarzAbove Sounds like they are very worried, and don't want to hear the truth about Trump. I've got a pretty good idea who...

Whoever some of them are, they sure are generous with their down votes. What I know for sure, is that it did
not start a couple of days ago.

@Piper2 Whoever some of them are, they sure are generous with their down votes. What I know for sure, is that...

I know who is doing it. lol A very bitter person who was banned about six months ago. lol That's why he posts anon. lol lol

@2874186

You don't like being blamed for something you didn't do, but yet you blame me all the time for doing things, that in your small brain, you think I do. Just yesterday you accused me of blocking every new person. Another lie. The only people I have blocked are people that aren't here anymore. So stop lying about me.

@2874070

They aren't even here today. And why are you so afraid of them that you had to block them as soon as they arrived?

@2874185

...and yet you accused me of blocking all new members, which I do not do. But as you stated above, you blocked a new person..... so stop accusing me of what you do.

@2874085

Wrong, I haven't blocked anyone for a very very long time. You are afraid of those women, and you should be. They won't take any of your crap.

@2874088

lol Looks like your obsession got the best of you. lol Can't stop thinking about her for even one day. So sad. hehe smilie

@2874093

Here's a great photo of your girlfriend. Enjoy!!!! lol Image in content

Nitey nite! bye smilie

@2874150

Who the heck cares...you nailed it. I don't DV unless someone is being very hateful to another person. It's crazy

@2874029

I never DV'd anyone. Piper and I are the only ones with DVs, you guys sure are bitter.

I heard Indiana is rat infested, and a real dump. hehe smilie

Trump will win another term. Get use to him, cause he ain't going anywhere.

I know, I know.
If you can't use your screen name, you won't get a reply from me. Coward.

@I heard Indiana is rat infested, and a real dump. Trump will win another term. Get use to him, cause he...

Y'all keep saying that but fail to post legit links about it

P.s...wikipedia is not a legit source

@StarzAbove Evidently that person has never been to the great state of Indiana.

I guess not. I went to Google and couldn't find a thing.

So if a city has serious problems that need to be addressed, politicians shouldn't go there? And nobody should invest there? The GOP doesn't hate Baltimore, they hate how badly it's being run.

@Maze So if a city has serious problems that need to be addressed, politicians shouldn't go there? And nobody should...

Evidently you haven't heard how much Trump hates the city of Baltimore. He said no decent person would want to live there.

@Maze

You can't handle the truth and neither can Trump. And you believe this punk, whoever he is. He's full of hate, just like Trump is. Wonder how much Trump paid him to say this crap.

I doubt we'll be hearing much from the president, about the numerous code violation citations Kushner Cos.'s Baltimore properties have received.
https://www.baltimorecountymd.g...ltimore-county
https://www.baltimoresun.com/ma...224-story.html

Yes, most all cities surely have areas that could be reasonably called "neglected". I've been to Baltimore several times, and know people who are both from and still live there. Trump's comments were uncalled for and unfortunate, but of course nothing but what can be expected from him....and that is a damn shame.

@Piper2 I doubt we'll be hearing much from the president, about the numerous code violation citations Kushner Cos.'s...

You're right, Trump will never mention the fact that his own son-in-law is a slum landlord....he'll continue to blame Rep. Cummings.

@StarzAbove You're right, Trump will never mention the fact that his own son-in-law is a slum landlord....he'll continue to...

Apparently HUD (2017) implemented fines for code violations by Kushner's business.
Trump had taken Office by that time, and Ben Carson was likely the HUD secretary.
Thus, looks like Trump's administration showed no favoritism.
But, Cummings was in Congress LONG before Trump or Carson or Kushner.
But, what was heard from Cummings as a career Congressman (pre-Trump) about the Baltimore living standards?....

Anonymous