-46

Criminals are Hateful people . So all crimes are hate crimes, amirite?

I was watching a show about hate crimes against all different types of people and thought. Well every crime s hateful, hurts someone for no reason.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar
1 15
The voters have decided that LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think people need to do whatever makes them happy - force the issue and get what you need, I had a best friend a black man, when he went with me some places wouldn't wait on us. Those lost my business forever, you can do that to get even..

Nothing likable about any of them.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yeah You Are -1Reply

Not so long ago, interracial marriage was illegal. Do you believe the "crime" of being with the one you love, "hate"?

According to 18 USC Sec. 249 a hate crime is defined as the following:
(1)Offenses involving actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin.—

(2)Offenses involving actual or perceived religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, , or disability.—

Theft is a crime...a parent whether mother or father steals to feed a starving child has not committed a hate crime. They risked themselves out of love.

Murder is a crime...a woman kills her attacker who breaks into her home in the middle of the night and tries to rape her...she didn't commit a hate crime. She took a life to protect her own and now has to prove self defense in a court of law.

Man leaves a bar intoxicated and drives home. Half way there he gets pulled over and is found to be over the legal limit. He didn't commit a hate crime. He made a judgment error on his part.

I could go on and on with scenarios but I think I have proven my point that your opinion is flawed and lacks intelligence.

The link below details actual hate crime cases:
https://www.justice.gov/hatecri...-case-examples

@2876425

Not gonna lie I do as well

@Lil_Princess According to 18 USC Sec. 249 a hate crime is defined as the following: (1)Offenses involving actual or perceived...

ya I know that, yet I think all crimes are hateful. Why isn't it a hate crime when a minority rapes and kills a non minority person??

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred ya I know that, yet I think all crimes are hateful. Why isn't it a hate crime when a minority rapes and kills...

The court would have to prove that it occurred due to ones race and the same as if a non minority rapes a minority.

So much hate is placed on minorities however the door swings both ways when it comes to violence, rape, and murder. It isn't one sided.

Certain crimes take a degree of hate to even think of...so not all crimes are hate crimes but some crimes are always caused out of hate

Toounknowns avatar Toounknown Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Toounknown Certain crimes take a degree of hate to even think of...so not all crimes are hate crimes but some crimes are...

I agree however it just pisses me of that people try to label something as one thing without any clear understanding of the law.