+79

I've wasted many hours arguing this with people, this must finally be settled, amirite?

You DO NOT have to wash chicken off before you cook it. You must cook it all the way through....You are cooking the germs not washing them

Washing raw chicken won't clean it - it may make you sickHere's proof that washing raw chicken can splatter unwanted bacteria around your kitchen.https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/washing-raw-chicken-wont-clean-it-it-may-make-you-sick/ar-AAG2uto?ocid=spartandhp
unknownconditions avatar
1 3
The voters have decided that unknowncondition is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I usually do that also, Or I buy a chicken already cooked, most of the time it is the same price, then aside from the salt, it is very convenient.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I usually do that also, Or I buy a chicken already cooked, most of the time it is the same price, then aside...

I've been told to wash it too.. but I want everyone , EVERYONE, to understand why you don't have to.
Most raw meat has parasites in it, these parasites and germs cannot be washed out. Raw chicken always has salmonella in it You MUST cook the chicken to 140 degrees to kill these germs otherwise you will get sick.
Do not eat raw chicken no matter how much you wash it!!!Image in content

Anonymous