+45

Back in the day, cursive was seen as a quick and efficient way to write; but by today's youth, it's seen as a hard and fancy way to write

Mindecs avatar
2 4
The voters have decided that Mindec is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I've always been against cursive... if you want your story to look beautiful go draw a picture because your confusing me with your indistinguishable lettering

Well, it was supposed to be faster than printing, but you need to be a bit artistic to make it readable. I was never very good at it, but you make a point.

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm in my late 30s. I was tought cursive in 3rd grade.

I'm really glad they dont teach cursive anymore. Everyone I talk to that learned cursive now writes in a half print / half cursive mix match of letters.

Cursive has no real purpose that I can see, it's just a waste of time and confusing to kids having just learned how to write letters.

When I tell people this, they say "What about signing your name?" To this I say: People can still write their name on a line and maybe other people will actually be able to read signatures now that they're not scribbled down in 'cursive'.

@Nidokinf I'm in my late 30s. I was tought cursive in 3rd grade. I'm really glad they dont teach cursive anymore. Everyone...

I argued this with people who say it's for security reasons that you sign instead of print... however the monstrosities that are digital signatures makes both forms pointless... and I feel nobody checks anyway