+48

The woman and children first rule on the Titanic is absolutely NOT politically correct, amirite?

unknownconditions avatar
0 8
The voters have decided that unknowncondition is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It would always be politically correct. What, you want a man to go before a baby?

@dru18 It would always be politically correct. What, you want a man to go before a baby?

let's not lie to ourselves ...in that situation if civility is maintained, then First class tickets holders get all the lifeboats. Once civility is lost then it's every man/woman/tran/child to themselves but the crew probably then have the best chance to survive.

I think the sentiment "help the people that can't help themselves in the same way you can" is really quite nice. Those people just aren't always women and children.

@Wunderscore I think the sentiment "help the people that can't help themselves in the same way you can" is really quite nice...

yeah however I think some kind of value system must be in place. I would hate to see a rescue boat full of the old and disabled while the young and healthy die in the water. with all due respect

@unknowncondition yeah however I think some kind of value system must be in place. I would hate to see a rescue boat full of the old...

I completely understand the reasoning behind that, but saying that one life is more valuable than another makes me uneasy.

Life is such a fragile thing.