+63

what was the criteria for becoming an adult and why the arbitrary age of being 18, surly the passage of time is not enough to secure maturity, I mean.. I know, I was 18 once, amirite?

oh and then 3 years after being and adult you can finally drink alcohol, fuck off i'll drink when you call me an adult... you are not an adult if you don't have all adult privileges... not to mention most of the old heads on this site were allowed to drink at 18 but were so immature they lost that privilege for later generations...

unknownconditions avatar
2 17
The voters have decided that unknowncondition is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2879001

i'd like to opt out of adulthood ...you would have a difficult case proving I belong ,in my opinion...

@2879001

The age of 18 is a relatively recent change from 21, at least as far as voting is concerned. The 26th amendment to the Constitution, making that change, was passed in 1971, mostly on the argument that 'if you're old enough to fight (i.e., be drafted), you're old enough to vote.'

@2879071

thinking about it makes me wonder why such a arbitrary date... there is no physical difference and passing time is no gauge … why would I allow government to tell me when I'm an adult...what's next telling me if I'm a boy or girl???

@unknowncondition thinking about it makes me wonder why such a arbitrary date... there is no physical difference and passing time is...

now this is different from that guy who wants to identify as younger because he wants to change his age ...impossible... but maturity is a state of mind and society has unleased millions of immature people into the world.....just because they completed the simple task of making it to 18

@2879192

I think the problem is labeling the people in charge as mature

@2879246

I know … child labor was NOT eradicated, it was just DEFIENED differently and made legal by saying it's ok because those 18 year old's are adults. Or when children commit crimes, I don't care how unable to understand your actions :minor or retarded, you MUST be punished for your crimes MORESO if you can't understand your actions (insanity plea)