+70

We tell kids to follow their dreams and then criticize them for getting "useless" degrees. amirite?

0 16

If a parent said "follow your dreams no matter the cost to you", they are terrible parents.

@Popeboyq If a parent said "follow your dreams no matter the cost to you", they are terrible parents.

No they are not. They are probably parents that value happiness over money.

@No they are not. They are probably parents that value happiness over money.

At the expense of their own child's future and then at taxpayer expense, meaning that they irresponsibly made their child a burden to society.

Read what I wrote, clown. "no matter the cost to the child" - in other words: "go study communism, women's rights and Oprah's book club if that makes you happy. Borrow money that you never intend to repay to do it. Blame others for your inability to support yourself. Live without purpose other than complaint" - You know, I'm sure you will support that regimen because it is the life of a perennial victim.

@ElBurritoLuchador At the expense of their own child's future and then at taxpayer expense, meaning that they irresponsibly made their...

Sorry, what's the cost of studying communism? I'm trying to think of one but unless we're in some kind of... rigidly enforced social order that can't spare time to educate the population... I can't think of any drawbacks.

@eegro Sorry, what's the cost of studying communism? I'm trying to think of one but unless we're in some kind of...

Nothing wrong with studying communism if it serves an end purpose - it's awesome to understand the foundations of economics, which includes all aspects of allocation of capital. Karl Marx, Adam Smith - all excellent.

But you get my point, it was made clearly - to cherry pick a small part out of context is disingenuous I think.

I dream to not work

I mean some are legit useless

@Arctopus I mean some are legit useless

cough gender cough studies cough

sithlordsoups avatar sithlordsoup Yeah You Are +1Reply
P3AK1Ns avatar P3AK1N Yeah You Are 0Reply

Cries in culinary cert

@Smokedhamm Cries in culinary cert

Culinary is excellent- maybe it's tough to get going, but society will support you as your passion makes people happy and you can in fact support yourself!

@Smokedhamm Cries in culinary cert

Better than an art or gender studies degree

You don't if you're not a moron. Those two things contradict each other entirely. Pick a side.

Life is like a box of chocolates....