-55

A Red apple actually exists as Cyan. amirite?

sithlordsoups avatar
0 7
The voters have decided that sithlordsoup is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@sithlordsoup it reflects red.

yes and we describe the color of things based off what they reflect not what they absorb... so a red apple is red not every other color ever.

@Unknowncpyt yes and we describe the color of things based off what they reflect not what they absorb... so a red apple is red...

Language was created before figuring out objects absorb light. So it's much easier to call it what it's been called instead of changing the language. It doesn't mean it isn't true.

@sithlordsoup it reflects red.

that means it's red

this is how colour works

Kramerbret21s avatar Kramerbret21 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Then technically, the "cyan" color is called "red" and the other colors are called based upon what they are not what they reflect

@hamsterhead Then technically, the "cyan" color is called "red" and the other colors are called based upon what they are not...

I like that! lol. I have always wondered if my red is the same as your red as its all in how our brain interprets the signal. The same wavelength is interpreted by each, but whose to say its interpreted the same way.

Anyway, maybe the US should start calling colors based upon absorption instead of reflection, since it already dismisses metric. :P

Anonymous