+45

You will never be in the same position in your life ever again because our earth is moving inside of our moving Solar System, which is moving inside of our moving Galaxy, which is moving inside of our possibly moving universe. amirite?

pinkfishtacos avatar
0 7
The voters have decided that pinkfishtaco is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

not me per se, but if we solve aging in humans and get rid of death unintentional death, over a long enough timeframe, my descendants could, as long as all of the bodies are moving in any roughly circular orbits around each other.

@not me per se, but if we solve aging in humans and get rid of death unintentional death, over a long enough...

Fair enough but the universe is still expanding faster than the speed of light.

pinkfishtacos avatar pinkfishtaco Yeah You Are 0Reply

add up all the speeds it'll make your head spin

Since there is no absolute coordinate system in the universe, I can simply define my location as the origin point around which all other movement takes place. It doesn't quite work for rotational translations, but for linear translations, it's perfectly valid.

Don't forget that the ground is literally moving with plate tectonics.

True but realistically not very important or useful to know.

I can feel it in my head.