+56

Just realized that only half (1/2) the numbers can be rationally divided by 2. Same goes for 3, only 1/3 of the numbers are divisible by 3. Same goes for 4, even 18372. amirite?

Manspider27s avatar Money & Economics
0 7
The voters have decided that Manspider27 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If you count upwards from one, every second number is divisible by 2, every third by 3, every fourth by 4, etc. That should be obvious.

@Manspider27 I realize that but the question is do you ever think about that?

Why on Earth would I ever spend my time thinking about something so mind-numbingly obvious ?

All numbers can rationally divide all other numbers. That's the definition, a number than can be expressed as a ratio of two whole numbers.

1/2 is a rational number.

RATIOnal.

@All numbers can rationally divide all other numbers. That's the definition, a number than can be expressed as a...

My intention of "rationally" was that they would equal whole numbers when divided not so much be long strings of decimal numbers, but good point.

And 1/3 of infinity is infinity. So is 1/18372 of infinity.

Thatoneduderyans avatar Thatoneduderyan Yeah You Are +6Reply

another way to prove that infinite sets can contain other infinite sets

Anonymous