Anthropomorphicfriess avatar
0 24

Fuck off ,you people trying to describe my emotion, if you' ve not EXPERIENCED, dont decribe, thank you

@Toounknown Fuck off ,you people trying to describe my emotion, if you' ve not EXPERIENCED, dont decribe, thank you

Depression isn't an emotion. I wasn't tryna describe it either. But people are getting depression mixed up with normal emotions/hormonal changes. Just wanted to clarify. If you can't be nice and understanding, then I'm sorry sir but you're the one who should fuck off.

@Anthropomorphicfries Depression isn't an emotion. I wasn't tryna describe it either. But people are getting depression mixed up with...

I didnt mean you specifically to fuck off...i meant people trying to desrcibe a strangers point of veiw

@Toounknown I didnt mean you specifically to fuck off...i meant people trying to desrcibe a strangers point of veiw

I wasn't trying to describe what you (If you were diagnosed with depression) or any depressed person actually feels like. And I totally agree with you, peeps be listening to Billie and calling themselves depressed coz they can "relate". Those who call themselves depressed or think they know what depression actually feels like, are retards. that's why im implying that a new, scientific term should be used to diagnose individuals, in order to prevent idiots from throwing the term around stupidly.

@Toounknown Yes billie is certainly confused... She looks happy in her depression

Sad part is doctors think pills are the solution but there is always something physically causing it, and doctors make itworstby fixing the symptoms and not the root problem

@Toounknown Sad part is doctors think pills are the solution but there is always something physically causing it, and doctors...

That's right. Antidepressants have their side effects as well. Not really "physically" I assume, but it surely does have a root just like any other issue in life, I don't really know much tbh but that's coz I never experienced depression ig. Billie's songs are cool yea sure, but making fame out of depression?? Hmmm not sure bout that. Don't wanna say she's faking it bec all her fans are gonna ravage my bones.

@Anthropomorphicfries I wasn't trying to describe what you (If you were diagnosed with depression) or any depressed person actually feels...

Hold the fuck up. How are you possibly going to have this whole stance, argument, and thread, and then you call people who don't understand something "retards." In the words of Toounknown, "Fuck off"

@Anthropomorphicfries Huh, what's your point

I get that you're proving a point, or trying to. But at least recognize that there's a difference between trying to describe one's own experience, even if the words don't come out right, and being purposefully malicious. Because there is one, and you're not doing anyone any favors by comparing a sad person saying they're "depressed" when they are not "clinically depressed" to this.

@Wunderscore I get that you're proving a point, or trying to. But at least recognize that there's a difference between trying to...

I'm not trying to imply that feeling depressed or saying that someone is emotionally depressed is wrong and shouldn't be referred to as being depressed. What I'm tryna say is that those whom experience a day or two of feeling down or in other words "Depressed", can't just diagnose themselves with depression because that's totally different. They are comparing a feeling to a whole mental state of instability.those are whom I'm implying are retarded. Saying that you're depressed is totally fine as long as you dont diagnose yourself with depression with no background. The whole state of confusion is caused by choosing the term depression for that. If it was given another name, a lot would stop confusing it with feelimg depressed because that's totally different. I mean no offense to those with prior experience and am only stating my point of view.

@Anthropomorphicfries I'm not trying to imply that feeling depressed or saying that someone is emotionally depressed is wrong and...

And I think I agree with your largest point - feeling depressed and having clinical depression are not necessarily the same experience, and mislabeling illness generally isn't helpful.

That said, I think that:
1. You're being idealistic in thinking that having a more clinical-sounding name would have any long-term effect on the issue (as referenced with OCD/PTSD)
2. You have this strangely singular idea that this is unique to depression and that it's an issue because of this. Something that is "cancerous" is not the same as someone having cancer. Being called "psychotic" is not the same as experiencing psychosis. Using words like "phobia" isn't seen as problematic. Why is using "depressed" so different?
3. You're ignoring the fact that many people using words like "depression" and "anxiety" casually may have a mental illness that is professionally undiagnosed due to fear of judgement, lack of resources, or simply "not feeling like it's serious enough to talk to someone about it"
4. You're quite frankly being an ass by using words like "retard" in a way that is not only non-clinical but also purposefully diminutive/malicious

@Wunderscore And I think I agree with your largest point - feeling depressed and having clinical depression are not necessarily...

Using the word depressed is not the same as using the word depression. Depressed can be used by anyone whereas depression is the clinical case. And about the peeps not getting professional help in fear of being judged, or not being able to afford help and so on:
Not tryna imply that you can't consider the fact that you have depression, if you have background information yourself. If you're tryna tell me that someone who can't afford professional help can't as well get education on that field, then that wouldn't be possible because they wouldn't know what depression is.
Im not referring to people with undiagnosed depression, I'm referring to those who play around with the word, just like the case with OCD, whether seeking attention, for fun, or because they're unaware of its symptoms. Those are offending those with actual depression by comparing their little pain to those with depression.

Haha lol ...yes

@Toounknown Haha lol ...yes

Its nota condition ...but a experience

@Toounknown Its nota condition ...but a experience

It is a mental condition/ state of mind. That's according to Google. And that's its psychiatric definition.

"Clinical depression" and "feeling depressed" are not the same, just as "generalized anxiety disorder" is not the same as "feeling anxious."

For both of these clinical mental health disorders, diagnosis is heavily rooted in how "feeling depressed" or "feeling anxious" affects your life. Feeling these ways some of the time is not necessarily an indication of a larger issue, even though the feelings themselves are valid.

@Wunderscore "Clinical depression" and "feeling depressed" are not the same, just as "generalized anxiety disorder" is not the...

Agreed. But there are always misinterpretations of the term. Changing it to a scientific one would make it immune to misinterpretations of people unaware of the difference.

@Wunderscore Would it? People say that they have OCD or PTSD when they don't.

You're right about that but then again that should only be blamed on the retardation of people and they would have no excuse for being retards. Other than that they'd blame it on the english language.

@Anthropomorphicfries You're right about that but then again that should only be blamed on the retardation of people and they would have...

Honestly, if anything, it shows how far we've come in mental health conversations. It's not cute or fun to say that you have any illness that you don't have, but at least we're able to have the discussion.

Anonymous