+67

Voting is an important activity in a democracy. Elections decide the fate of a country for a specific period apart from its long term impact. In most countries the voting age is around 18 years.The youth are a volatile group who are swayed by personal considerations rather than public good. In my opinion these young people are not mature enough to choose the right candidate. Being children themselves how can they choose a suitable adult who is going to govern. Youth are fascinated by money, cinema and other entertainment. They may not understand what public good is. amirite?

Age is the only variable which can be universally applied. All other specifications such as "married people" etc. etc. may become highly subjective. When people reach certain age say 21 years or more it is likely that they might have been exposed to the complexities of life and therefore will be in a position to understand what is personal and how it affects the interest of the public. Understanding the functioning of societies is the most important aspect that will decide the quality of voting.

ezhils avatar Money & Economics
0 8

kids would never vote for war, kids may be less understanding but they are def less sadistic...maybe at a certain age your mind becomes selfish and corrupt, maybe just like a drivers license you should lose you right at a certain age, or take a test to prove your sanity...students take test on sanity all the time , when was the last time an "adult" had to prove sanity....not to mention all the mental health problems that schools from the 60s couldnt diagnose

A lot of older folks voted for Trump, look how that turned out.

I do not speak for democrats but only for trut. Truth cannot vary between republicans and the democrats!

ezhils avatar ezhil Yeah You Are +8Reply

How do you say that lot of old people voted for Trump? Erosion of values in the society is responsible for the voting behaviour of citizens. If this is the behaviour of the old and the experienced you can imagine the mental level of the youth.

ezhils avatar ezhil Yeah You Are +7Reply

There are smart and stupid, good and bad, from all ages. I have no doubt there are lots 10 year olds out there with more sense than millions and millions of adults across this country who voted for Trump or that piece of shit war criminal w bush. So age just isn't a measure of right or wrong. Little kids know a fuck up when they see one, but millions of adult Americans don't. Crazy..

@Cedardoor There are smart and stupid, good and bad, from all ages. I have no doubt there are lots 10 year olds out there with...

Ouch! Wow! I guess I'm an idiot in your eyes because I have a differing opinion of politics than you. You sure speak volumes for democrats. FYI, we live in a Republic, not a democracy. A democratic republic. Say it with me...Democratic Republic.

They are old enough to go to war, they are old enough to vote.

@They are old enough to go to war, they are old enough to vote.

But please understand that they are not old enough to contest in elections. War and elections are quite different and not comparable.

ezhils avatar ezhil Yeah You Are +6Reply
Anonymous