+42

The reason why we can't go faster than the speed of light is because that's the speed of the simulations abillity to process and load things in, like how open world video games work, amirite?

jodzdzownicas avatar Jobs & Employment
0 6

I play Elite Dangerous. It's an open world game. We fly around at multiple times the speed of light.

Another friend (still) plays EVE ONLINE, and they go around at multiple speeds of light.

There's a large body of people playing Star Trek Online, which has faster than light travel and communications.

How's that holding up for you now?

@get-bread-not-head I play Elite Dangerous. It's an open world game. We fly around at multiple times the speed of light. Another...

That is irrelevant. The OP is only stating that the particular system in which we live is only able to process things at a max speed and we perceive that max speed as the speed of light. The fact that we programmed games to stimulate going faster than the max speed we can perceive does not have anything to do with the system itself.

@That is irrelevant. The OP is only stating that the particular system in which we live is only able to process...

The reason why we can't go faster than the speed of light is because that's the speed of the simulations abillity to process and load things in, like how open world video games work

I'm sorry, I must have imagined the line of text that was relevant to my reply.

@skyrat01 The reason why we can't go faster than the speed of light is because that's the speed of the simulations abillity...

When I said like how open world video games work I meant how they load things in as you walk around, as to not have to load in the entire world at once.

jodzdzownicas avatar jodzdzownica Yeah You Are +9Reply
Anonymous