+36

When Jesus said “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." I think His statement has been somewhat misinterpreted, here's my take, amirite?

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14:5-7)

The way I see it, what Jesus was saying was to follow his example, be like him, that's the goal. It's not about paying lip service to his name, it's about living in the way of God. Kindness. Fairness. Justice tempered by mercy. The principles of forgiveness, truth, good will, charity and self sacrifice. And the more we follow the example shown to us by God, the more our reality resembles heaven.

"The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, 'Lo here!' or, 'lo there!' for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." -Jesus (Luke 17:20, 21)

Image for post **When Jesus said “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." I think His statement has been somewhat misinterpreted, here's my take**, amirite?
Mazes avatar Philosophy
2 0
The voters have decided that Maze is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!
Anonymous