-26

Death has never been an excuse to infringe upon free peoples rights...why not shut down the tobacco industy for this disgustingly large cigarette deathtoll??? I dont know but it scares me, amirite?

Image for post Death has never been an excuse to infringe upon free peoples rights...why not shut down the tobacco industy for this disgustingly large cigarette deathtoll???  I dont know but it scares me, amirite?
Toounknowns avatar Law
2 1
The voters have decided that Toounknown is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And the biggest threat to people's lives isn't even smoking, it's poor diet and lack of exercise. There are just way too many fat people in the US, and every single one of them is at a greater risk of death than they would be if they were slim and fit.

So shall the powers that be take a bunch of intrusive and economically destructive measures to solve obesity? Shall they ban unhealthy foods? Shall they make you take time out of your working day to exercise? Why not? If they're willing to shut down the economy to prevent people from getting a nasty flu, why not take equally extreme measures to end the obesity crisis? It kills way more people. If lives are more important than personal freedom, why not?

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions, I think this situation may turn out to be an example of the theory in practice. The UK's health authorities have determined that covid isn't actually a "high consequence infectious disease" and that in fact the death rate is "generally low," if that's the case, why the need for all the bullshit? I think they just want the bullshit, it suits their agenda.

So yeah, as far as I'm concerned the whole thing is a hoax. I mean, there IS a nasty flu about, but that's all it is, the rest of the situation is bullshit. In the 2017/2018 flu season 80k Americans died and it barely made the news, this flu season hasn't been nearly as bad and they're acting like it's the end of the world.

Anonymous