+71

If Craigslist scammers ever figure out they can use Grammarly we're in trouble. amirite?

johnsonsteeths avatar History
1 4
The voters have decided that johnsonsteeth is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I've heard that poor spelling and grammar are intentional filters; people who don't complain or react badly to such are more likely to fall for the scam.

@Lordtanner I've heard that poor spelling and grammar are intentional filters; people who don't complain or react badly to such...

The question I have is how one can be stupid enough to fall for the scam but still be smart enough to earn the money to get scammed out of.

@Thatoneduderyan The question I have is how one can be stupid enough to fall for the scam but still be smart enough to earn the...

As we have seen, intelligence and capability aren't requirements for making money; it is more greed than anything else. But lots of people can make money just doing stuff.

Actually, their poor language skills are a deliberate affectation.

It ensures that intelligent people are aware its a scam, and therefore ignore it. Meaning the people who respond to their ad are likely less educated and easier to take advantage of.

Anonymous