-51

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler Woodhouselee
What do you think, amirite?

Image for post “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler Woodhouselee

What do you think, amirite?
Mazes avatar Money & Economics
2 12
The voters have decided that Maze is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

ever heard of corporate welfare? conservatives never want anything done about it.

@ever heard of corporate welfare? conservatives never want anything done about it.

Actually, from what I've seen, corporate welfare is an issue grassroots conservatives and liberals tend to agree on, neither group likes it. But when it comes to the people they elect, neither side seems interested in doing anything to stop it.

Faux News is not real news and this is not about entitlement.

@Faux News is not real news and this is not about entitlement.

This post is about a quote from a 18th century Scottish professor, it has nothing to do with Fox. The thumbnail just happened to be the most relevant image I could find.

I didnt know this post was about tge brand of news you use

Toounknowns avatar Toounknown Yeah You Are -13Reply
@Toounknown I didnt know this post was about tge brand of news you use

Do you listen to posts with links to liberal sources?

@beachbum It's not.

Faux is not neutral.

@Faux is not neutral.

Who said I watch Fox/Faux news? NONE of the media is neutral - none of 'em.

beachbums avatar beachbum Yeah You Are -5Reply
@Faux is not neutral.

Fox is as Progressive as the rest of the media outlets. Only the Fox opinion shows are conservatively - based. Thank God.

You're right, it isn't, the Fox image was just the most relevant one I could find.

@Maze You're right, it isn't, the Fox image was just the most relevant one I could find.

I understand...its a great graphic...sadly the foz symbol stands out more then the content

Toounknowns avatar Toounknown Yeah You Are +1Reply
Anonymous