-37

If humans were to die out would there be another primate species rise up to fill our place in millions of years. amirite?

Alixkasts avatar Science
1 17
The voters have decided that Alixkast is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Doesn't have to be primate but having opposing thumbs are very important. But yes we are in the 6th extinction right now and most life is going to die out and it will be millions of years most likely til some species reaches our level again of being able to dominate and destroy all other life around them and suck the earth dry of its resources and pollute and hate and vote for some piece of shit carnival barker to lead them like we do.

I would bet it would only take 1000 years

Cats, I been watching them watching me.

No, that would be the end of civilization

My money is on orangutans

@My money is on orangutans

Or some type of monkey. If they figure out how to teach other monkeys stuff

@Fogalien Or some type of monkey. If they figure out how to teach other monkeys stuff

There would most likely be multiple species of monkey that will greatly evolve in a relatively short period of time but they will probably fight to the death till one species remains

@My money is on orangutans

You would think it would be the most intelligent primates first. But what if it were a less intelligent but more aggressive primate to kill off the others?

@Alixkast You would think it would be the most intelligent primates first. But what if it were a less intelligent but more...

It'll be a team of different primates. I've seen Rise of The Planet of The Apes, I know what I'm talking about.

Maybe. Evolution tends to produce more-complex organisms over time, but "more complex" doesn't necessarily mean "more intelligent". There's no guarantee that any species would ever achieve human-level intelligence again. Natural selection only cares about how fit a species is for survival; not how smart it is. Some species become simpler over time, instead of more complex, to deal with evolutionary pressures. Sharks have been incredibly successful. So have insects. There are theories that viruses - among the most successful organisms on the planet - used to be more complex, but evolved out of all the "unnecessary" machinery that more-complex organisms have.

@Sybersonic Squirrels

This is a high IQ statement. Only Rick and Morty fans will get it 😤

@Alixkast This is a high IQ statement. Only Rick and Morty fans will get it 😤

I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you because my IQ was so deafening high

Yes, something would fill the void left by humans. What that would be is anyone's guess.

Anonymous