+63

When you are sent to your room as a child, you figure your parents are also ruminating over it. As a parent, you just go right back to watching TV. amirite?

Nick2005s avatar Family
0 12
The voters have decided that Nick2005 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No, I actually think about it as well. Did I handle it right? Did she have a point? What will I say after this blows over to show them what went wrong and for them to understand.

@Scrolldown No, I actually think about it as well. Did I handle it right? Did she have a point? What will I say after this...

Probably depends on the age of the child too right? If a parent sends a 6 year old to their room the situation might not be as intense as when a parent feels the need to punish a teenage child.

@Ludox Probably depends on the age of the child too right? If a parent sends a 6 year old to their room the situation...

Have a 12 and 7 year old girls. Almost in the teens but she is really mellow unlike her younger sister. Would still send her to her room if I got pissed or she did. I tend to be a mellow guy and try to reason a lot. I tend to treat them with respect but I'm not their friend and they understand that.

..and the tv is blaring
and the dinner is cold
and they look without caring
boy just do what you're told..

As a kid I never ruminated over it. I was just like "oke" and then I read a book

As a child you think you know about how parents are.
But as an adult you know differently.

I think dads do this while mums ruminate.

@Skurlett I think dads do this while mums ruminate.

I mean, don't get me wrong, sometimes I ruminate. But not for the minor ones.

Anonymous