+70

Calling a female "lady" is considered rude, but calling multiple females "ladies" is considered polite. amirite?

shai-es avatar History
0 10
The voters have decided that shai-e is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It depends on the context and tone of voice to determine if it's rude or not.

Apologies for a misunderstanding, my way of looking at it was actually speaking to the person and calling them "lady" in a rude tone, but I never looked at it as a reader, such as calling them a lady indirectly or saying m'lady, etc.

It isn't rude. It is the opposite.

Tbh my neighbors dog is named lady and it really has me using the word more than any other time in my life. Don't call girls lady.

I greet my friends with "hey lady" or "what's happening lady" all the time. I think it's definitely about tone and context whether it comes across as rude.

Also , calling a single lady a female....problems

All depends on tone and context.

why is calling a lady a lady rude? its not rude

@Anonymousmouse why is calling a lady a lady rude? its not rude

funny story however, my brother has a dog named lady. lady had gone into the neighbors property (on an acreage), so I went up calling her name quite loudly, there was the owner of the other property right there, she thought i was yelling at her, lol. who names their dog lady?

Anonymous