+75

The voice in our head is always at the same volume, it's impossible to scream in our head. amirite?

Achilles982s avatar Music
0 56
The voters have decided that Achilles982 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I just imagined screaming in my head. Works just fine.

Unless you do not have schizophrenia

Explains why I never hear a word that asshole says

Is this actually true for most people? My internal voice definitely has a "scream" setting.

I dunno. I can make mine scream just fine.

So I found out recently, apparently some people don't have that voice in their heads.

I definitely hear screaming in my head. All the time. Soo...uhh...
Send help?

The voice? Wait, you guys don't have more than one?

Mine definitely does have volume. Day-to-day not so much, but sometimes when im falling asleep I get woken up by deafening screams or loud bangs in my head, sometimes even just a whisper but as though it's right next to my ear.

@Sybersonic Mine definitely does have volume. Day-to-day not so much, but sometimes when im falling asleep I get woken up by...

haha I've had that banging thing happen. I still don't know if it's real or in my head. That's trippy.

there could be a source to the noises. I just woke up because there was an incessant beeping in my dream, turns out my air conditioner is going bonkers.

Apparently you've never played Mega Man 1 while buzzed.

I may not be able to vocalize at high volumes, but an extremely loud and obnoxious mental trumpet should do just as well

There's no way to prove it but my inner voice can change volume.

Especially if I do a rendition of some song. Queen shifted their volume a lot, try that.

@Itsjbutera There's no way to prove it but my inner voice can change volume. Especially if I do a rendition of some song...

Are you saying you can say it loud and there's music playing, say it soft and it almost like praying?

I'm the same. But I don't really hear a voice. I also think I have that afantasia thing, maybe it's connected

Okay then make it go so loud you cant bare to hear it. Then make It so quiet you can barely hear it.

Tanmoykayesens avatar Tanmoykayesen Yeah You Are +4Reply

It doesn't have a volume because it's not a sound.

@Achilles982 I hear it

You imagine it. You don't hear it because your ears aren't sending the signal to your brain.

@Mariahmcmuffin Because there are no sound waves. And because you can't change the volume.

Sound waves are just nerve impulses by the time they reach your brain. Technically they mean nothing as long as the brain interprets sound. So, no. The fact that sound waves dont exists does not actually mean its distinguishable from sound to your brain

Ill be up all night tryna scream in my head

imaginary screaming vioces

My voice told me to murder everyone I loved

:>

@Velstrom My voice told me to murder everyone I loved :>

If you can't love yourself... how the hell you gonna murder someone else.

It's because it knows it doesn't need to shout to make you suffer.

I've been screaming in my head since I was 15.

I feel like there is different levels tho, like sometimes the voice seems further away

And then there are those without a voice in their heads. Absolute silence.

MS0410s avatar MS0410 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@MS0410 And then there are those without a voice in their heads. Absolute silence.

This has always freaked me out. Do they get lonely? Does silence drive them crazy faster?

@Skurlett This has always freaked me out. Do they get lonely? Does silence drive them crazy faster?

Crazy like hearing voices in your head?!

I can't imagine having a voice in my head, I've only recently discovered that people actually hear a voice and it's not an expression for just thinking.

I was talking to someone and he asked me what accent the voice in my head has. When he reads he hears the words as he reads them.

I have a question for the people who do hear an actual voice. If you try to read quickly does the voice speed up like a rapper?

@Crazy like hearing voices in your head?! I can't imagine having a voice in my head, I've only recently discovered...

Yeah. Well, but I read at the speed the person is talking. If they're excited, I read faster. If they're calm or seductive, I read more slowly.

It's kind of hard to be freaked out if they never had it to begin with. They just don't know what they're missing. My wife is like that. I found it odd that she always had to mouth it out quietly to herself. That's when I found out.

My voice has different volumes

tried it and gotta tell you that it triggers me hoe right you are

Jokes on you, the voices in my head are always screaming.

You my good man are 100 percent incorrect.

Oohh, look at mr "I have good mental health" over here, mr "I don't hear muffled voices screaming from the void every time the silence falls"

Anonymous