+96

Funny how people will tell you not to judge a man by his past when it comes to a statue, but not extend the same courtesy to George Floyd. amirite?

freq432s avatar Money & Economics
0 9
The voters have decided that freq432 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

excellent point mate.

How about decency. Some have no problem forgiving all the criminal and disgusting behavior of the"orange one" and yet have the audacity to judge a man of true color!

Funny, I've never seen a statue pistol whip a pregnant woman, while his buddies robbed her, he was on drugs while he was arrested.

I couldn't care less about a statue, although I do believe anyone tearing one down, should go to jail because it's a criminal act.

Should've George Floyd died that day? No he shouldn't have.
The person that killed him will most likely do life.

Should George Floyd be made out to be a hero ?
Yea, I guess if you're a political party with an agenda, you do.

Had the cop been black, you wouldn't know who George Floyd is, right now.
You can take that to the bank.

@DandyDon Funny, I've never seen a statue pistol whip a pregnant woman, while his buddies robbed her, he was on drugs while...

Guess you want to stick your head in the sand to the fact that many of those grand statues owned slaves or did other atrocities to others that was never taught in school.

George Floyd is no hero but his death is a rally cry that police can no longer do what they have been doing for decades with no accountability.

@Guess you want to stick your head in the sand to the fact that many of those grand statues owned slaves or did...

Like I said, I couldn't care less about a statue.
Fact- blacks owned slaves, the first person to own slaves here, was a black man.
Slavery didn't start in this country or get started up by "the evil white man".
Slavery started by blacks, they enslaved their own people, when they figured out they could make money by selling their own people, to other people for profit, they sold them, they didn't try to protect them, they told them to get their ass on the ship.

For some reason the black people (the minority group of black people, out of all black people) that feel they are still enslaved, somehow have no blame for their very own brothers and sisters that sold them and still want to be known as "African" but have all this hate for "the evil white man".
How can they forgive or forget, whichever, their own blood but put all the blame on "the evil white man?".
I'll tell you how, it's what the Democratic Party makes them believe, well some of them anyway, the ones that want to play the game.
The black people that chose not to believe they are a victim, aren't looked at like "okay you have an opinion, that's your opinion"

No, they get called everything from Uncle Tom to, black/white supremacist etc.
If you believe all cops are bad, because of the actions of a few, then that must be how you judge everyone, your family, your friends, your coworkers.
Before George Floyd was born there were bad cops after George Floyd is long gone, there will be bad cops, no one who understands that the human element is in everything (yes even the police force) need a rally cry,

If the cop that killed George Floyd was black, you wouldn't have the slightest idea of who George Floyd is, right now.
Its not a "rally cry", it's a play on emotions.

true he did some questionable things but not as bad as the people who have statues. He still did not deserve to die like that.

RatReligions avatar RatReligion Yeah You Are -19Reply
@RatReligion true he did some questionable things but not as bad as the people who have statues. He still did not deserve to die...

You need to read the facts on the scumbag in the oval office. His history with corruption goes way back. He's not just a freud and a wanna be dictator, he's destroying this country. So,bullshit on your statue comment.....he's done so much worse.

@You need to read the facts on the scumbag in the oval office. His history with corruption goes way back. He's not...

Yeah like the "Champion of slavery". I can tell you are very racist. Done worse things then the statues that the protesters have teared down. I don't think he inslaved a whole race. Your telling me that is there was a statue of Adolf Hitler, George Floyd was worse. Thats bullshit.

RatReligions avatar RatReligion Yeah You Are -5Reply

The opposite can be said for some people as well

Anonymous