-42

the sky gets it's blue color from water, but what make the water blue, amirite?

CriticallyDangereds avatar Brands & Products
0 13
The voters have decided that CriticallyDangered is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The sky, and water gets its color from the material it is made up of absorbing every wave length of light but blue.

Kionixs avatar Kionix No Way +12Reply
@Kionix The sky, and water gets its color from the material it is made up of absorbing every wave length of light but blue.

I think you mean refracting the blue wavelength, and the rest carry on. It's primarily due to the nitrogen in our atmosphere.

Sky isn't blue from water it's blue because the light gets refracted and while the red spectrum gets absorbed the blue gets reflected and that's what we see.

Water slightly refelects blue light, that is why small amounts of water are clear and large bodies are blue. The sky is blue because nitrogen, the most common element in the atmosphere, refects blue light.

I think it's the other way around? Water is clear.

@CriticallyDangered I think it's the same concept

Actually very different.

The sky gets its color from the way sunlight reflects through our atmosphere.

@Creegs17 Nitrogen primarily, to be specific.

You think I don't know because I wasn't specific enough for you? Lol

@Appliedproc You think I don't know because I wasn't specific enough for you? Lol

I wasn't suggesting you didn't know. I was agreeing with you. Just adding in for general readers.

BigMemers avatar BigMemer No Way +12Reply

The sky is blue for the same reason water is blue; it's the longest visible wavelength of light.

But it's inaccurate to say that the sky gets it's color from the water.

It's simple my second grade teacher told us the sky is blue cause dinosaurs splashed in the ocean and stained it

The sky

They are there for each other