-93

The phrase "Black Lives Matter" should be uncontroversial, because of course black lives matter, it's the implication of the phrase that people are objecting to. The implication being that there are a bunch of people who think that they don't. You generally don't chant uncontroversial things. People don't go out in the street and chant, "The sky is blue" or, "We love children." So when you chant "Black Lives Matter," the implication is that there are a bunch of people who don't believe that black lives matter. That's why people will say "All lives Matter". Read More--- amirite?

Not because they are saying that black lives matter less, but because they are saying, right we agree that black lives matter just as every other life matters. The slogan itself, fine but then again the implication is that black people are under existential threat in the United States and that there are a vast group of people in the United States that don't care whether or not they are under existential threat. That whole implication is what people object to. If it were just an obvious truth that black lives matter I don't think it would even be controversial. The bigger problem I'm seeing with the white protesters is the attempt to expiate racial guilt by people who have never done anything wrong. So, your seeing videos, for example there's this video going around where there are, what looks like mostly elderly white people who are kneeling on the ground with their hands up and taking a vow to spread the gospel of anti-racism among their colleagues. And this is absurd, did they do anything racist? Have they been pro-racists? So much of the media is built on the implication that if you are not doing this performative thing today, then this is because you don't care about black lives. If you won't say that black lives matter today because you were busy or because you think it's perfectly obvious that black lives matter, then that means that you don't think black lives matter.-For example - So if i don't spend my day saying that rape is bad then I think rape is good. That's an absurd contention. But the sort of obedient woke virtue signalling from white people who are taking on sins that weren't theirs, so as to take the sins on from a broader group of people who aren't them.

(These are someone else's words which I happen to agree with btw)

AnonymousUser116s avatar Politics
2 17
The voters have decided that AnonymousUser116 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"All Lives Matter" to "Black Lives Matter" is actually more divisive than unifying. That's because it discounts and diminishes the focus on the violence and discrimination Black individuals face every day in this country.

@AnonymousUser116 What discrimination? Elaborate...

It's more about white privilege. Just because we no longer have segregation does not mean we still look at black people different and treat them different in every day circumstances. Look up white privilege if you really care about this issue. Something tells me you don't given how you are just another pot stirrer for the right.

@It's more about white privilege. Just because we no longer have segregation does not mean we still look at black...

You're speaking more of racial profiling than discrimination, although they are similar. Unfortunately, statistically speaking, there are certain crimes committed more by people of color.

@I told you that I did not expect you to get it.

Where is the white privilege in Black History Month?
Where's the white privilege in NAACP?
Where's the white privilege in affirmative action?
Where's all the social programs and white privileges in governmental health?

I don't have a problem with these programs, but besides criminal statistics there is no such thing as white privilege, and i'm sick of people using it as an excuse for their own short comings. Individuals should have individual responsibility and there should be no excuses .

@AnonymousUser116 Where is the white privilege in Black History Month? Where's the white privilege in NAACP? Where's the white...

I'm sick of people in this country feeling as if they are owed something. Nothing is owed to you , the country was founded on opportunity, and opportunity is by all accounts equal under experience as a common denominator, meaning that race doesn't matter, if you are a minority or Caucasian doesn't matter, if you do the job better than the other person you get the job. If you work harder in school and get better grades you're going to go to a high level college, whether you are minority or not. I have many black friends, probably more than I do white friends, and one thing I've learned from being around them is if you walk around with a chip on your shoulder thinking your owed something, you're not going to make it, you're to busy focusing on what people owe you than taking personal responsibility.

@AnonymousUser116 I'm sick of people in this country feeling as if they are owed something. Nothing is owed to you , the country was...

You are too simple to figure this out aren't you? I'm sure all those black friends you have can explain it in terms you can understand.

@You are too simple to figure this out aren't you? I'm sure all those black friends you have can explain it in...

All of my black friends have great jobs, great lives, and families. If they can overcome adversity than so can everybody else.

Those people kneeling are probably demos.

Look at murder and crime statistics, that’s all the information you need.
Facts don’t care about Butthurt, facts will give you the truth about BLM.
BLM only care about when they can find a crime to blame “whitey” and police, to spread their hate.

BLM have killed numerous people (mostly blacks) destroyed businesses, some owned by blacks but have no interest in trying to solve all the black on black killings, in these hell hole cities ran by demos, they don’t care about those cities because that’s how demos control blacks (the black people that continue to vote for them).

BLM, is for blacks about as much as BLM is for protecting Forrest land.

BLM is a part of the demos to cause chaos, at whatever cost because their hate for Trump, gives them the right to destroy anything in their way, even a few black people if that’s what it takes.
Demos created a Frankenstein ( racist whities and the police force).
Demos get their terrorist group (BLM) to hunt down the Frankenstein, defund police, tell police to stand down and let them do their destruction.

Nothing but blatant arrogance by politicians that think voters are too dumb to figure out what they are doing.

Interesting take on the subject

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Yeah You Are -19Reply

I say arest all these people with white quilt ...they must have done something racist to feel that way...otherwise as a respectable white person, you know you are doing the right thing and feel no quilt... I hear alot of stories of young black (kids) being overwhelmed by white quilt. My friend was talking to him and crying saying she did horrible things as a kid...this woman was 80 , my friend was so far removex from the injustice this woman was repenting for , that he laughed about it as he told me.. He said hes never seen racism as bad as she described it ...i gyess this lady felt like she should overcompensate with her tearful apology...however the original victim never got justice, and now my friend this kid was recieving her quilt admission, even though he was never a victim

@Toounknown I say arest all these people with white quilt ...they must have done something racist to feel that way...otherwise...

You know, that's fair. But I also think that people feel like they have to apologize for "their" racist actions because the media expects it of them. Yes if somebody does do something racist they should apologize. But if there are white people apologizing for things that they themselves never did then I find it absurd.

@AnonymousUser116 You know, that's fair. But I also think that people feel like they have to apologize for "their" racist actions...

Heres a crazy thought... If white oppression is what led to a lower quality life , then reparations are due....however the successful black people,the sports stars , the actors , the millionaires the hard workers would have to give back their money , because they only succeeded because of white oppression