+120

How could you understand this quotation from Pope Francis to an atheistic Italian journalist in 2013:« God is not christian»? Are we christian by nature or do we have to become one during all of our life? amirite?

yvan125s avatar Religion
0 2
The voters have decided that yvan125 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I agree warmly with you , But when you make the choice of becoming , for example a Christian you are then a Christian «in potentia» a potential Christian and you must strive your whole life to become a Christian « in actu» in actuality. That is why a holy man said to another Christian « You are now nominally Christian, It is up to you to become a really one.

No, you are not Christian, Muslim, Hindu, and so on, by nature, nor do you have to become one during your lifetime. Being a Christian is by choice - a choice I'm glad I made and wouldn't change that decision for anything in the world.