+64

As a former language teacher, I submit that in order to insure a better foreign and second language learning. it is more fruitfull and rewarding to have an intrinsic motivation (love of foreign language, its sounds, its musicality,its rythm or its syntax, i,e, learning the language for its affective and intellectual value) than to have an instrumental motivation (learn a language to get a degree , a promotion or for multiple purposes external to the language itself, as a means for an extenal goal). Do you think that affectivity does play a major role in foreign or second language learning? amirite?

yvan125s avatar Language
0 2
The voters have decided that yvan125 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think some people have a talent of learning languages - sadly, I'm definitely not one of them. I tried for several months to learn Italian before I went, but wasn't successful beyond a few words.

A relationship is a romantic way to learn a language...no???