+113

The younger a person is, the most difference it makes if they dates someone 4 years younger then they are. amirite?

itsskyways avatar History
0 10
The voters have decided that itsskyway is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I've always heard half your age plus seven is the lowest acceptable number. This then applies to anyone older than 22.

Jordantom16s avatar Jordantom16 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Just curious, but... why 4?

This is where the rule of seven comes in. Half your age and add 7 and that's your minimum acceptable age (apparently)

Doesn't really work below like 22

@catsuperberg This is where the rule of seven comes in. Half your age and add 7 and that's your minimum acceptable age...

I come from a country where the legal age is 14. For us, the same rule applies to everyone over 14.

@teknogreek I come from a country where the legal age is 14. For us, the same rule applies to everyone over 14.

Our legal age of consent is 16 but I meant more like an adult going after a minor because if you're 22 then half your age is 11 then plus 7 is 18. However if you're 20 then it would work out to be 17 which is an adult and a minor.

In the UK at least

Why wouldn't it work below 22?
20yo with 17yo is a noticeable difference but still doable depending on the individuals. That's my age and my gf's.
18yo with 16yo are perfectly fine
16yo with 15yo, same
And 14yo with 14yo... Duh

contextrips avatar contextrip Yeah You Are +1Reply

What if you're 3 and you date 4 years younger

life years are logarithmic like 1 year spent when you are 0 years old is much longer at least psicologically than another year when you are 20 years