+32

It's not allowed to watch porn under the age of 18, but the age of consent in some states is lower than 18. So some people are allowed to have sex, before they're allowed to watch it. amirite?

Icy-layers avatar Money & Economics
0 38
The voters have decided that Icy-layer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Actually makes sense.

Porn isn't real, its idealized, and it can skew perceptions on what is OK and normal vs what isn't, and give unrealistic expectations.

@Crazymotherfuker Actually makes sense. Porn isn't real, its idealized, and it can skew perceptions on what is OK and normal vs what...

As long as proof of state residency can be provided (or lower age for viewing overall) and the negative impacts such as unrealistic expectations and addiction are lain out plain and clear, I think it should be good. Maybe not worth the controversy of changing but I don't see too big of an issue with it.

And all of you in the states are allowed to go to war and kill people before you can legally buy alcohol

@motorbikemilly We can't legally kill people and idk your definition of war so idk about that one

"go to war and kill people" as in sign up for the military and kill enemy combatants as part of an hostile armed conflict.

fizzy_elephants avatar fizzy_elephant Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Dairyqueenemployee So people don't kill people in war... good to know

Well it could be like a "war" between two groups of people that is not violence and just talking I have seen it used that way before

@skyrat01 Well it could be like a "war" between two groups of people that is not violence and just talking I have seen it...

True but in most wars there are casualties and when signing up to join the army it is understood that you may be put in a situation of "kill or be killed". So while there are wars that may be mainly done through negotiations or discussions, it doesn't change the fact that in the United States you can enlist with the military at age 18, fully aware that you may have to kill other people depending on which Corp you join, and still not be legally allowed to drink alcohol

I mean, the government alllows it so I'd say that qualifies as legal. His definition of war is almost certainly... well... war. I don't know how it can be any more literal.

@Icy-layer I mean, the government alllows it so I'd say that qualifies as legal. His definition of war is almost...

Like a "war" between two groups of people that is not violent cause I have seen people use it that way before

@Baykonr Like a "war" between two groups of people that is not violent cause I have seen people use it that way before

I'm sorry but I stand my ground that a clarification shouldn't have been necessary given the context.

I can't wait until I can click on the "I am 18 or above" button on the porn sites.

Pokkettss avatar Pokketts Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Pokketts I can't wait until I can click on the "I am 18 or above" button on the porn sites.

I know. I recently turned 17(age of consent in my state) and it just hit me that this is the world I live in. That button gets more and more tempting every year...

But how do they learn /s

@Highvaluedaygame But how do they learn /s

Well in America, it's obviously not through a sexual education course.

My friend had a 5 year old kid before she could legally have a beer

@Baykonr So was she 13 or 16 when she had the kid?

I'd like to assume 16 and that the legal drinking age for her country is 21 because 13 is absurd. But I could be wrong.

Achilles982s avatar Achilles982 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Achilles982 I've had 3 pregnant 13 year olds in 4 years of teaching 8th grade here in California.

Were they good students? I've always had the notion that's kids who get knocked up that young aren't the brightest

Experience before education.

And some people are old enough to fight in a war but not drink a beer, go figure

Masturbation is illegal because u must be 18 to watch dad porn

@Toounknown Masturbation is illegal because u must be 18 to watch dad porn

now that i have memories under 18 was the only time i really needed porn