+82

The fire alarm going off is much scarier in a house than an apartment complex, amirite?

Ajdee6s avatar Family
0 7
The voters have decided that Ajdee6 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Ya mine goes off all the time because I can't cook. It never does at my parents house.

I'm not sure I agree. I trust the people I live with more than the people I share a building with. I find it easier to imagine my apartment building burning down than a house.

@404ChompyNotFound I'm not sure I agree. I trust the people I live with more than the people I share a building with. I find it easier...

That's what I'm saying, it's scarier to hear it inside a house rather than inside an apartment.

Ajdee6s avatar Ajdee6 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@cjcusack And I'm saying it's scarier in an apartment building.

Trusting people is different than actually hearing the alarm already. It's too late at that point. My point of it being scarier hearing it inside an apartment building is there's a good chance that it's not your unit. If you hear it in your house, it's definitely your house, not your neighbors.

Ajdee6s avatar Ajdee6 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Ajdee6 Trusting people is different than actually hearing the alarm already. It's too late at that point. My point of it...

What?

I trust that the people I live with do not set fires. I do not have that trust for strangers. If I hear a fire alarm where strangers are present, I have more reason to believe there is a fire.

@Thenaturelover What? I trust that the people I live with do not set fires. I do not have that trust for strangers. If I hear a...

I'm talking about hearing a fire alarm already, not the potential for one.

I never said that strangers aren't more likely to start fires, I'm just saying that in a house, if you hear an alarm, it's definitely your house and if it's in an apartment building, it's not necessarily your unit.

Maybe our apartment experiences are different but if an alarm goes off in any unit, the entire building gets notified. Was yours your unit only?