+54

Passengers napping while you're driving is a huge compliment. Like, they trust you enough to believe that they can sleep and will wake up alive later, as you're maneuvering a fast hunk of steel amongst other fast hunks of steel. amirite?

Crazymotherfukers avatar Cars & Transportation
0 25
The voters have decided that Crazymotherfuker is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You hear that back there in the trunk? No, they can't. They're asleep.

LookAnAltAccounts avatar LookAnAltAccount Yeah You Are +12Reply

or you accidentally have the exhaust coming into the cockpit & you're next

They still suck though, especially when you're on a multi-hour trip.

Personally, I'd rather die like my granddad did: in his sleep.

Not screaming and crying like his passengers.

Can confirm! After my friend crashed me into a tree at nearly 100MPH in high school I get horrible anxiety with bad/aggressive drivers while I'm in the car. There are 3 people I can think of that I am comfortable sleeping in the car with: my wife, brother, and best friend. I am 36 now, btw. Trauma is a helluva thing.

Or they figure they'd rather not see death coming.

@thewebsploiter Or they figure they'd rather not see death coming.

This was it for me one time. Back in the day, spring break, taking turns driving, got stoned so someone sober drove. Worst driver I've ever ridden with. Gassed up to cars, rode their tails, super spaced out all the time, didn't seem to realize when braking was needed. I kept feeling like I was gonna have a heart attack. Decided to try to sleep until that turn was up.

I don't trust any drivers. Sometimes you just need to close your eyes and give yourself to the whims of the lifestream though

Maybe they're just pretending to sleep to avoid making small talk.

Or be like me and sleep while you drive :)

Sleeping on long car rides is a form of time travel.

Or they don't care if they die.

Agree. My former business partner (we were in road warriors in sales) said I was the only person he trusted enough to sleep in the car.

beachbums avatar beachbum Yeah You Are +4Reply

Doesn't matter if I crash awake or asleep. I'm still the same amount of dead or injured

Maybe they are just putting their life in gods hands. You could just as easily kill them while they are awake and in a car with you.

Compared to waking up dead. Cuz that would suck

Awesome wording, 100% agreed!

People who can sleep in moving vehicles is cheating

Coeurdemonstre1s avatar Coeurdemonstre1 Yeah You Are +1Reply