+61

Nostalgia is reverse PTSD. amirite?

Coeurdemonstre1s avatar Family
0 4
The voters have decided that Coeurdemonstre1 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Here is a story about nostalgia.

Once upon a time, a man was born in 1947. His childhood in the 50s wasn't that good, but when he grew older, he started to hate anything past December 31 1959. Several years later, he gave birth th a child in 1967, who became nostalgic for the 70s, and said anything past December 31 1979 was awful, while his father hated the 70s because of nostalgia. The son later fathered a son born in 1987 with childhood in the 90s. The old man's grandon later said anything past December 31 1999 was crap.

@Openeyes Here is a story about nostalgia. Once upon a time, a man was born in 1947. His childhood in the 50s wasn't that...

It's possible that each was right, but only had his own timeline as a reference and baseline.

In other words, we don't know what we're missing.

Reverse PTSD would be flash forwards to a dramatic event until it happens...

This is amazing because a few days ago I was talking to a friend about a job I used to have that I hated, and I said "I feel whatever the opposite of nostalgia is for it" and she laughed and said "I think that's called trauma."