+22

It's ludicrous for people to make fun of Gen Z'ers for not knowing things. It's not their fault, it's YOUR fault for not teaching them. amirite?

paintingsbyOs avatar Money & Economics
0 17
The voters have decided that paintingsbyO is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's cool, if something breaks, you can just call a repairman and pay him with all the money you make at your good job.

Right?

@404ChompyNotFound It's cool, if something breaks, you can just call a repairman and pay him with all the money you make at your good...

Or maybe call the repairman before something breaks and ask him for an apprenticeship. You can be in the 1% with a high school education by doing just that.

counterpoint - the internet exists and they have less excuse than any other generation that has ever existed for ignorance.

schooling is 1 percent teaching and 99 percent curiosity.

@Mcgee0 OP didn't have an edgy response for this one

I didn't see it until now. Curiosity is developed, it doesn't just happen.

@Framie1 schooling is 1 percent teaching and 99 percent curiosity.

I don't rely on school to teach my kids. They learn from me.

Don’t you worry, government schools will stifle any curiosity students have and they’ll look like brainless zombies by 12th grade.

TheSimmeringFrogs avatar TheSimmeringFrog Yeah You Are -10Reply

Nothing is ever genZ's fault.

As an aging Millenial, Gen Z'ers have my permission to tell these folks to kick rocks (not that you need my permission). Anyone who makes fun of a younger generation for not knowing something only indicates the ignorance of the ridiculer. The insult itself has almost nothing to do with knowledge/intellect but with the value we place on specific, cherry picked, knowledge. I'm glad my grandparents and parents have a bunch of phone numbers memorized, you know what I don't need to do? Memorize numbers because we've off-loaded that information into our cell phones. The amount of times I was told growing up to not spend so much time on the computer because it's a waste of time and I'll rot my brain... yet here we are where programming is a valuable skill. Who am I to claim that the knowledge you have acquired is useless and you should've learned X instead? Only time can tell you that. All that being said, our education system is still a mess.

Sebixv20s avatar Sebixv20 Yeah You Are +4Reply

Public dchools used to have usefull lessons and courses applicable to life after primary school. Like shop, home economics, accounting. Now they just preach the power house of the cell, pythagorian theorem, sylables and a meal.

@Mrtechnohawk Yep, it's a joke

I graduated college to be a teacher and never used ANY of the focuses of the public education system from 2000-2008, and doubt the current ones will have ANY practical uses in 99% of real aplications. I should be teaching accounting or how to do taxes, ven civics (how the government works) would be more usefull. Reading and basic math was the only useful thing, and that is learned in as little as 5 years of age.

@motorbikemilly I graduated college to be a teacher and never used ANY of the focuses of the public education system from...

Yep I always was a try hard in school until about 9th grade (freshman) i just started realizing they just teach more and more useless information I wanted to actually learn life skills they just toss you out of high school with the knowledge of how a cell functions and different ridiculous algebra equations it's a destroyed a generation imo honestly

Ignorance isn't something to be ashamed of unless it's willing.

Agreed. That is correct. Gen Z’ers don’t have the bar the set high enough if at all. It really isn’t their fault. The millennials though, they’re actually as stupid as they come across. And yes, they are in many ways more clueless than the Z’ers.