+123

Parents teach children that lying is wrong, but as an adult it is an extremely important skill, amirite?

Nickyikkys avatar Family
0 11
The voters have decided that Nickyikky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If you actively discourage it, they have to get good enough to fool you. It's a training exercise.

@Nickyikky If you actively discourage it, they have to get good enough to fool you. It's a training exercise.

I'm pretty sure kids instinctively lie, it is human to lie, kids do it because they can't realize the consequences, an adult who does it is just delusional, borderline schizophrenic

Maybe if you're a bad person. I've never lied in my entire life.

Apartlavishnesss avatar Apartlavishness Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Apartlavishness Maybe if you're a bad person. I've never lied in my entire life.

I doubt you've never lied but in some cases telling the truth or not saying anything could be seen as making you a bad person.

@bibbitybobbitybacon I doubt you've never lied but in some cases telling the truth or not saying anything could be seen as making you a...

I think you're projecting, because I have literally never told a lie. I began reading Kant when I was 2 years old, and (as I'm sure you know) Kantesian ethics shows that there is no such thing as a moral lie. I wrote my dissertation on this fact.

Its essential for customer service, and usually encouraged by management.

What amazes me is that we lie to other people to protect their feelings but never consider that we are being lied to for the same reason.

Surfacess avatar Surfaces Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Nickyikky Nah this is the source of all my social anxiety

Don't be anxious about it. Those people care enough about you to try to spare your feelings. Your opponents will tell you ugly truths without a care in the world.

Hatchadis avatar Hatchadi Yeah You Are +7Reply

Smart kids learn that "getting caught lying" is wrong.