+423

When you find out you've pronounced a word wrong, you fiercely defend the way you pronounced it as if it was the real pronunciation, amirite?

6 33

"coohhwhip"

Dome-sticks.

*Domestics.

And stow-mach. Aka stomach.

I've got loads more, trust me. XD

Apparently, only people who live in Michigan say "cran" as opposed to "cray-on."

@PurpleMonkeys Apparently, only people who live in Michigan say "cran" as opposed to "cray-on."

Ohhh, I'm from Seattle and say "Cran". Here in Florida, it's a random mixture of cray-on and crans.

gananass avatar gananas Yeah You Are 0Reply

Meme. I say "mem"

@DestroyMySweater Meme. I say "mem"

I say "meem". But my friend says "may-may" and she swears up and down that we are all wrong and stupid.

gananass avatar gananas Yeah You Are +5Reply
@gananas I say "meem". But my friend says "may-may" and she swears up and down that we are all wrong and stupid.

it's funny cuz meme is an actual word in the dictionary and pronounced meem. it means something that goes around(:

My friend says "crayon" as "crown." I say cray-ns, myself

My best friend used to pronounce"buffet" and "ballet" exactly as they're spelt, and refused to believe me when I told him he was wrong...because apparently in his world, everything is said the way it looks.

This happens a lot to me (being from Kentucky and all).

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply

One word: Dialect.

E.g. I didn't pronounce usurp wrong. I was speaking in DIALECT... the dialect of a crazy person!

I Say cran. Im from ny.

I'm usually like "oh well it goes both ways..."

how on earth do you get "cran" from crayon? or "squirl" from squirrel for that matter?

@yddraigarian how on earth do you get "cran" from crayon? or "squirl" from squirrel for that matter?

The "yo" is still in crayon when pronounced cran, it's just very subtle. You can hear it if you listen carefully. What i never got was when people pronounce it as "crown"

I thought "Requiem" was "Rekweem", but it's actually "Rek-wee-em"

I thought 'pretzels' were 'cretzels' til middle school..

SamanthaaJs avatar SamanthaaJ Yeah You Are 0Reply

Henry? Did u post this?

I hate when people pronounce "envelope" as "onvelope". I say it like "invelope" is that how it's supposed to be?

@ashnicoleluvsblg I hate when people pronounce "envelope" as "onvelope". I say it like "invelope" is that how it's supposed to be?

I pronounce it onvelope...
but i don't think its invelope.
The other pronunciation is ehn-vuh-loap.

@It's not pronounced invelope or onvelope. It's envelope.

I meant like the "i" sound. Because sometimes e is pronounced like o like in entrée. But sometimes similar to i.

I pronounce vice-versa like vice-uh vers-uh
My friends get mad at me for it

@I pronounce vice-versa like vice-uh vers-uh My friends get mad at me for it

Your friends get mad at you for pronouncing something correctly?

@silvershadow6 Your friends get mad at you for pronouncing something correctly?

They insist the only pronunciation for vice versa is vais-versuh. They won't accept the fact that vice-uh vers-uh is correct, as well.

@They insist the only pronunciation for vice versa is vais-versuh. They won't accept the fact that vice-uh vers-uh...

oh my friends get mad at me for saying axe instead of ask its soooo annoying! im like "its a new york thing!" cuz thats where im from and we live in virginia where white people dont say axe but ugh