0

A person who never learned any form of language would have a completely different stream of conscious. amirite?

Masonrunnelss avatar Language
0 13
The people are still deciding if Masonrunnels is right or wrong. Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Pretty sure one of the Holy Roman Emperors ordered no one to speak in front of his kids so that they would learn the "true" language. Like the language of Adam and Eve or something. To achieve this the children were isolated and received basically no affection. They all died.

Yeah they would, it would just be a completely unique language

@monsterallergies Yeah they would, it would just be a completely unique language

I guess they would start to associate things around them with their own words or sounds.

Apparently there are some people who don't have that little voice in their head. They really have to say it out loud.

@Mrtechnohawk Apparently there are some people who don't have that little voice in their head. They really have to say it out loud.

Wow, that's really strange to try and imagine, like where their words came from before they spoke it aloud.

I asked my dog about this. He didn't have much to say.

Does the person of this hypothetical case, ever ineracted with other humans?

@Cheytuflya Does the person of this hypothetical case, ever ineracted with other humans?

I was thinking of someone completely isolated and only briefly associating with people to be given basic necessities.

@Legendnoel77 I king back in the day had this done with babies to discover the 'natural language'. They died.

Yeah, they did some messed up experiments with monkeys involving isolation as well, and they went mad tearing their hair out. I think it's fine to speculate on things but to actually carry out an experiment like this just to 'know' is sick.

Nice. That gave me context for questions for the next human-biology-lecture next week.