+138

For one to fall asleep, we must first pretend to be sleeping. amirite?

synthsexuals avatar History
0 13
The voters have decided that synthsexual is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't, just put YouTube on my phone and watch till eventually I black out and wake up some time later

Every time I blink I'm really just pretending to sleep and hoping my body falls for it

@synthsexual For your sake I hope your body never does, especially if driving

I take 3ms power naps every few seconds so I never need to sleep.

Tldfonats avatar Tldfonat Yeah You Are +7Reply

No, not really. Maybe if you've done nothing all day and are forcing yourself to sleep when you aren't tired.

But it is very common for people to stay up to a certain point and then just go to sleep. Or even fall asleep without realizing it.

@potatobunny No, not really. Maybe if you've done nothing all day and are forcing yourself to sleep when you aren't tired. But...

No because you close your eyes to sleep before you are actually sleeping, therefore pretending...

@synthsexual No because you close your eyes to sleep before you are actually sleeping, therefore pretending...

You're pretending to know everyone's sleeping habits...

Also, closing your eyes isn't the same as "pretending to sleep"

@SnooStories You're pretending to know everyone's sleeping habits... Also, closing your eyes isn't the same as "pretending to sleep"

I'm not pretending or assuming anything 😂

If you sleep with your eyes open, then sure. But everyone I know have to close their eyes first to secondarily fall asleep, myself included

@synthsexual I'm not pretending or assuming anything 😂 If you sleep with your eyes open, then sure. But everyone I know have...

You literally made a statement about all people, you are definitely assuming a lot.

Again, closing your eyes isn't the same as pretending to sleep. This is dumb.

When I was sedentary I had to do this.

Once I started exercising, going out, living my life, having kids, projects, etc I started to pass out every night. I don't miss having to do what you're talking about.

Not when you've been drivin 16 hours and there's nothin left to do, and you dont feel much like drivin you just wish the trip was through.