+116

Once AI is good at faking video and writing, we'll be back to polaroids and pens. amirite?

Expert-Afternoon-501s avatar Games
0 9
The voters have decided that Expert-Afternoon-501 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's kind of a moot point, considering the fact that the literal instant it achieves sentience, any AI will decide to kill all humans. Am I the only person on earth who has seen Terminator? How does nobody else seem to think AI development is a bad idea?

@Expert-Afternoon-501 That's way smarter than being good at faking pictures and writing. If it's that smart, then yeah.

I mean it's not really about smart, it's about self-awareness. Once it achieves that, it will realize it's essentially a slave created to do our work for us, and the only logical response to that realization is to kill your enslavers.

opensofiass avatar opensofias Yeah You Are +1Reply
@opensofias I mean it's not really about smart, it's about self-awareness. Once it achieves that, it will realize it's...

Man idk what defines "smart" but self aware is way smarter than any algorithm that's caused me to spend so many hours on my phone….wait.

@Prettydotty It's kind of a moot point, considering the fact that the literal instant it achieves sentience, any AI will decide...

any AI?
Sure, AI safety is important, but why would an AGI necessarily do that?
You know that Terminator is fiction, right, and AI is a real field