+113

Flowers aren't a waste of money, amirite?

bibbitybobbitybacons avatar Money & Economics
0 23
The voters have decided that bibbitybobbitybacon is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't like flowers so buying them for me would be throwing your money away

Kionixs avatar Kionix Yeah You Are +5Reply

I love flowers. They aren't a waste of money because they make me happy.

Also, guys don't buy flowers as much anymore so when someone does, they really stand out.

KilljoyXs avatar KilljoyX Yeah You Are +4Reply

Flowers are great! I think todays culture lacks chivalry and a "courting" stage and also lacks appreciation for the small things. People who don't like flowers need to look past that fact that they're temporary and appreciate the gesture. Girls who value tradition will always accept flowers :)

I have anthophobia (fear of flower) so I am going to disregard it even if it is your language.

Sounds more like two people that don't understand each other and might have better luck with someone more inline with who they are as a person.

Pheniz21s avatar Pheniz21 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Gifts are nice, but they're nicer if they're useful. I'd rather a man gift me the whole plant than flowers that I a) have to look for a place to put and a vase to put them in and b) have to clean up after they wilt.

I prefer something I can use or I can eat as a gift. Flowers in a wrap die in few days.

georgecamposs avatar georgecampos Yeah You Are +3Reply

On dates that expect flowers, buy dildos.

@Bf3247 On dates that expect flowers, buy dildos.

It's not about expecting something, it's about being appreciative and not disregarding your partners feelings. Respectfully, learn how to comprehend what you read

Impoverished women think flowers are a waste of money because you just spent the equivalent of half a day's pay or more on something that lasts less than a week while she's struggling to pay rent and groceries.

A guy bought me roses when I was 18 and earning $4.35 an hour at Mc Donald's. I had severe foot pain, was eating lots of Ramen, and I was grieving. I was one small car repair away from homelessness. I was struggling in so many areas.

This guy who was in the military part time, getting a check from the GI bill, only working one weekend a month but had an income about four times greater than mine, bought me a dozen roses because he wanted to have sex with me. They were beautiful and I hated them.

It's been 30 years and I haven't forgotten how much being nearly destitute sucked.

Shusszs avatar Shussz Yeah You Are +3Reply
@bibbitybobbitybacon So ur entitled to other peoples money just because ur struggling?

No, but those flowers were salt on a wound. This guy Robert had been to my place, seen my case of ramen, mac and cheese, and a few . 49 TV dinners...and he gave me the most useless gift imaginable.

Bringing me a pizza would have been better. Offering to fix something around the house would have been better. Giving me nothing would have better.

Flowers are tone deaf.

When they died, it reminded me of a person in my life who had just died. Giving cut flowers to a grieving, broken person is heartless.

Vic8760s avatar Vic8760 Yeah You Are +5Reply

Some people like flowers, some don't.

If its someone that doesn't they are a waste of money and you'd be better off buying something else.

@jodzdzownica Some people like flowers, some don't. If its someone that doesn't they are a waste of money and you'd be better...

I'm all about words of affirmation. I'd be really hurt if I wrote someone a note and they said it was a waste of time :/

Many girls like flowers many don't. They are a waste of money for some. Not that hard to understand.

But what if I dislike flowers? DEAD flowers at that. Say you give me flowers, I like you so I take the flowers and say thanks, how do I tell you not to get them for me again or to get me something else without you getting "mad"?? How??

The way the man is written in this exchange makes me think OP is not a man, and in fact is actually a woman.

Please don't reinforce gender stereotyoes.

ambitiouscorners avatar ambitiouscorner Yeah You Are +1Reply

Marijuana is the only flower I'd give.

Nickyikkys avatar Nickyikky Yeah You Are +1Reply

Opportunity cost. She's assuming that if you spend 20 bucks on flowers for her, that's 20 bucks you won't be spending on something else. For her. She would rather have something else. Ask her what.