vegans avatar Money & Economics
0 2
The voters have decided that vegan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think hate can lead to physical violence. One of my online friends believes the myth that hate speech is better out than in. I disagree, too often people spreading this hate seek isolation. They don't want their ideas being challenged.

Thus creating an echo chamber for disinformation, misinformation, and hate of various kinds. This couldn't happen without the Internet. Say 4 people with extreme points of view. How would they even find each other without the web?

Even if they did find each other, others could interrupt them. Take closed online forums and the most extreme points of view can find isolation and fester.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are +1Reply
@vegan I think hate can lead to physical violence. One of my online friends believes the myth that hate speech is better...

Some people have already made their minds up, so don't confuse them with facts. Sadly, there are a lot of people who want to act out their hate - think they are entitled to do so. We are all entitled to private thoughts, opinions, but that doesn't mean we should be able to just walk up to someone and start screaming, or worse at them.