+168

Telling people they were never ugly in high school is annoying, amirite?

SnooStoriess avatar Money & Economics
0 13
The voters have decided that SnooStories is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"Someone told me I wasn't ugly back then, and it's true, but they ruined my victim complex!"

OK then

dankXDs avatar dankXD Yeah You Are +6Reply
@dankXD "Someone told me I wasn't ugly back then, and it's true, but they ruined my victim complex!" OK then

Omg😂 I didn't know I had a victim complex for simply wanting people to be honest with me but ok then.

SnooStoriess avatar SnooStories Yeah You Are +4Reply

Did you ever consider that kids and teens have never been good judges of anything? And that anyone that doesn't fit in for whatever reason also gets called ugly even if they're not? Also that some of them even call their crushes ugly like all the time? Maybe their "standards" shouldn't be the ones you rely on

@Dairyqueenemployee Did you ever consider that kids and teens have never been good judges of anything? And that anyone that doesn't fit...

These "standards" don't go away as you get older. Go to a person deemed unattractive on Tik Tok right now and there are grown Ass people calling them ugly. But if they suddenly have a glow up, they suddenly were always beautiful and just needed to love themselves. It's not just bullies that abide the these standards, it's society as a whole. People want you to be natural when you're already pretty to begin with. People who grow into their looks have a difficult time accepting compliments because they're so use to be deemed as unattractive. I didn't try to better the way I look just be told " you were always beautiful". Clearly if I was, I wouldn't have felt the need to look better and if I still looked the same as a did back then, you wouldn't be giving me the same treatment you're giving me right now. I'm just tired of the gaslighting. Yes I know in SOME cases people call their crushes growing up ugly but that's usually on in elementary school. By the time you reach high school, you're not gonna let the person you like think that you think they're unattractive. And I didn't graduate high school super long ago.

SnooStoriess avatar SnooStories Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Vic8760 You totally missed the point..

No, I get what you're sayin. I just don't agree. Which is fine. It's not that deep.

@SnooStories No, I get what you're sayin. I just don't agree. Which is fine. It's not that deep.

Nah, you definitely missed the point entirely or you wouldn't have ignored it and went on a completely unrelated page long rant. Sounds to me like you're just an extremely bitter person who looks for persecution in everything honestly. Wouldn't be surprised if you end up on the persecuting end more often than not because of it too

I have to agree, the bullying must be taken seriously.

Shiny244s avatar Shiny244 Yeah You Are +4Reply

Being persistent about how ugly you are is very annoying too. It's like that kid in class who just aced an exam and after class talks about how they are going to fail, only to get annoyed at the others sayibg that they did good.

You found yourself ugly, sure. Why do you need others to agree? They are not telling you "no you werent bullied", they are saying you weren't ugly.

@Mytokhondria Being persistent about how ugly you are is very annoying too. It's like that kid in class who just aced an exam and...

It just feels like they're trying to spear my feelings. I'm not going around saying OMG LOOK HOW UGLY I WAS! But to say I was always beautiful when I show a photo of myself when I was in high school….. Be for real. And I can usually tell when they're just saying it to be nice.

@SnooStories It just feels like they're trying to spear my feelings. I'm not going around saying OMG LOOK HOW UGLY I WAS! But to...

Don't you think people, especially teenagers, are their owns worst critic? You probably see yourself through a filter where you only notice whatever it is about your looks that you dislike.

Very few people are actually truly ugly. And as one gets older it seems to me young people overall look nice/normal just cause they've got their youth. The concept of ugliness for children among peers is an entirely different thing. Calling someone ugly is bullying itself, rather than a reason for bullying.

Kionixs avatar Kionix Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Kionix Very few people are actually truly ugly. And as one gets older it seems to me young people overall look nice/normal...

I agree for the most part but I do think people DO bully you for being ugly. I've seen multiple people get picked on just because people don't like the way they look.