+144

"Victim hood" is worse than being an "actual" victim, amirite?

Shusszs avatar Money & Economics
0 6
The voters have decided that Shussz is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There is a massive difference between being a victim and a survivor. A victim is forever defined by what happened to them, while it is something the survivor moves on from traumatic events.

@Larny2019 There is a massive difference between being a victim and a survivor. A victim is forever defined by what happened...

A survivor is someone who survives something, a victim is someone that suffered a negative event, like an aggression or accident.

If a person slaps you in the street you're a victim, but not a survivor because unless it was Bruce Li slapping you slaps don't kill, so you weren't at risk or death.

I think your definition is rather odd.

Balkany4Evers avatar Balkany4Ever Yeah You Are +3Reply

Is this a vent?

t. nietzsche

Here's the thing most people tend to be fairly nice overall but its irritating when others are constantly needing emotional support over what one considers mundane issues that are quite frankly easily resolved in almost all cases and yes simple problems are often the highest stressors to many people but others can not make anyone else feel better because we are all just random humans killing time on the internet where everyone becomes a cry baby.

People aren't being paid to be sympathetic to every plight someone has so they are not going to be.

I wouldn't say worse but that mentality is, for lack of better words, weaker. Someone who labels themselves a victim usually thinks they're owed something because they experienced trauma and that's what really gets to me. At a certain point of course, others had a head start but I'm still the only person controlling the way I handle the race if that makes sense. You do have to take responsibility otherwise what a disservice to assume people have no control over their own lives.

Bf3247s avatar Bf3247 Yeah You Are 0Reply