+156

People who own snakes,feed them live rodents and feel no remorse are sick in the head, amirite?

Classicdry2232s avatar Money & Economics
0 54
The voters have decided that Classicdry2232 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Oh my, never go outside lest you see a spider eat a fly.

contextrips avatar contextrip Yeah You Are +7Reply

You are being oversensitive and empathetic. Death and pain by themselves aren't inherently bad, they're a part of life. It is a tradegy to torture a mouse for fun. It's perfectly fine to enjoy a snake hunting. Are cats assholes because they play with their food? Yeah sometimes.

Rats are pocket puppies. They're also furry sausages. Depends on your perspective.

So you don't have to like it when your friend feeds her snake. You don't even have to watch it. But she is not sick in the head. That's called projecting. You don't understand how she's feeling what she does, so you're imaging a reason, and because the activity is something you don't like, it must be because they're sick in the head. That is extremely toxic behavior and will cause you problems down the road. Don't do it. It gets in the way of actually understanding people, which will only leave you frustrated.

Nickyikkys avatar Nickyikky Yeah You Are +6Reply

Circle of life my dude.

snakes are dumb and coldblooded, literally.

rats and mice are smart and affectionate creatures.

This person is probably alone in an apartment somewhere surrounded by cats. When this lonely tool dies, alone one day, he doesn't realize his cats would be the first to eat him 🤣🤣🤣

Bf3247s avatar Bf3247 Yeah You Are +5Reply

Most people kill any mice they see in there living environment or call an exterminator to do it for them.

Mice control is key to sanitation and maintaining the food supply.

They are not pocket puppies, they are disease carrying pests that are quite destructive.

If you don't feed the snake it dies. So someone's gotta die here. I'll pick the mice.

@bibbitybobbitybacon Most people kill any mice they see in there living environment or call an exterminator to do it for them. Mice...

You do realise that was not their point, right? They're talking about letting the snake kill the mice themselves. You can just kill the mice beforehand to give it a less painful death.

None of this really applies since no one is feeding their snake with mice from the streets.

@Larny2019 If you don't feed the snake it dies. So someone's gotta die here. I'll pick the mice. You do realise that was not...

Snakes can be really picky and refuse to eat pre-killed animals. Some do accept them, some can be tricked... but one has to be prepared in case they don't.

@Framie1 You do realise that was not their point, right? They're talking about letting the snake kill the mice themselves...

I know but it's still recomended to try and train them to eat prekill prey. Mostly because it's safer for the snake and less painful for the prey. It's not like this is a novel idea.

Openeyess avatar Openeyes Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Kasie Yes

Snakes are predators like lions not scavengers like vultures. Making them each dead things is unethical. Your morality shouldn't impede their natural diet.

@Expert-Afternoon-501 Snakes are predators like lions not scavengers like vultures. Making them each dead things is unethical. Your...

I'm not talking about morality. You can Google that if you want. People do recomend feeding them prekilled prey for the safety of the snake. Like I said it's not a novel idea.

Your friend enjoys watching the snake killing the mouse? That's kinda weird, but animals like that need live prey, sort of a necessary evil.

@Larny2019 Your friend enjoys watching the snake killing the mouse? That's kinda weird, but animals like that need live...

Well tbh that's why I'm kind of against snakes as pets as requires feeding them a more intelligent being to keep them alive

Classicdry2232s avatar Classicdry2232 Yeah You Are +4Reply

they are a predator and hunting is part of the physical drives.

this may surprise you but nature is cruel and unfair and there is no order or moral justice. you eat or get eaten. that's natural. in the wild the exact thing happens thousands of times a day yet no one bats and eye.

What do you think snakes do in the wild?

@Thatoneduderyan What do you think snakes do in the wild?

thats what im saying. Doesn't even have to be snakes. Common house cats are cold blooded killers you just shelter them and prevent them from fulfilling their murderous asperations.

Dogs kill stuff in the wild too, should I just let my Pitbull go maul a kid just so he can get that bio 100% natural lunch?

Classicdry2232s avatar Classicdry2232 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Eastern-Spot2023 So dogs eating kids is a natural thing that they do in the wild? Damn Ohio is wild

You think dogs are innocent? It'll eat anything it can to live if it has too they dont care

@Significantad You think dogs are innocent? It'll eat anything it can to live if it has too they dont care

Didn't say they aren't innocent, but OP saying they'd kill a kid because it's a "natural lunch" implies that a dog is a childs natural predator.
Why'd you pull that thing about innocence out of your ass?

In the wild, snakes aren't put in a gladiator arena with their prey. The mouse will smell the snake all over the tank and will be defensive. I have seen some severe injuries from mice. In the wild, the snake will attack before the prey even knows it's there.

mattyh2433s avatar mattyh2433 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Jokes aside rats are much more affection-showing than any stupid reptiles. I love the touch of snakes but they're assholes.

teknogreeks avatar teknogreek Yeah You Are +3Reply
@teknogreek Jokes aside rats are much more affection-showing than any stupid reptiles. I love the touch of snakes but they're...

Yeah everyone is saying that the snake needs to eat somehow but is ignoring the fact that the snake wouldn't exist if there weren't a market for snakes as pets. It sounds like OP is against pet snakes because they inherently require feeding a more sentient/intelligent being to a lesser one, which is a totally valid argument IMO.

My understanding is that it has an effect on how the snakes digest things

I could be wrong

Either way I don't own snakes

They're predators. Functionally there's so difference between feeding them a live and dead prey. In the same way you eating a chicken you bought pre-killed is the same as you killing them yourself.

Openeyess avatar Openeyes Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Openeyes They're predators. Functionally there's so difference between feeding them a live and dead prey. In the same way...

Actually, it's safer for the snake to feed them thawed rats. Many unsuspecting snake owners have dropped live prey in, left the enclosure unsupervised, and returned to a partially eaten snake.

@Iapetus-11 Actually, it's safer for the snake to feed them thawed rats. Many unsuspecting snake owners have dropped live prey...

lol and now you have a pet rat!

that you have to feed snakes!

but maybe next time the snakes wins, and you are back to having a pet snake!

and then before you know it, you are running an underground snake-rat fighting ring!

I'm pretty sure your friend enjoys feeding her snake and making sure it's happy and alive more than watching it kill a rodent.

Says person who eats either meat which is butchered, or plants for growing which a lot of rodents are killed so they don't eat your growing plants.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. It's ok to feel bad or disgust at direct sight of killing, but calling others sick is a bit too much.

Tanmoykayesens avatar Tanmoykayesen Yeah You Are +2Reply

True yeah pure psycho dude that's why I cabt own a snake I'm not crazy mf

Yall think humans arent animals lol ok sensitive much?

Odds are you yourself pay people to kill animals for you. (and usually to make them suffer)
And in contrast to the snake being fed, this is not even necessary for anything beyond your own pleasure. You could live and thrive off of plants.
So I do think the snake owner has a better case for feeling no remorse than the average person.

Mrtechnohawks avatar Mrtechnohawk Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Mrtechnohawk Odds are you yourself pay people to kill animals for you. (and usually to make them suffer) And in contrast to...

I mostly eat meat from our family farm which I can say my family takes utmost best care of the animals to ensure their well being, at least before death which is painless unlike the big markets, but yeah I understand your point of view

Classicdry2232s avatar Classicdry2232 Yeah You Are +6Reply

You shouldn't feed your snake live rats. Not only is it extremely stress for the rats it's also dangerous for your snake. It could lead to the rat biting or scratching your snake and causing infections. There is no need to feed them live animals they will eat thawed out dead rats.

@Mcgee0 You shouldn't feed your snake live rats. Not only is it extremely stress for the rats it's also dangerous for your...

They gotta be trained to eat pre-killed animals, so sometimes you have to start with live animals - but yeah, I don't think there's any reason why you need to feed a pet snake live animals if they've been trained correctly.

Snake gotta eat.

Snakes don't eat dead mice and rats.

freq432s avatar freq432 Yeah You Are 0Reply