+150

I love animals but I hate pets. amirite?

vcsandfecess avatar Relationships
0 19
The voters have decided that vcsandfeces is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

As usual with conversations on pets, this is very dog oriented. I have cats and a bearded dragon.

They are so chill, they are not expensive, they are not needy, they can turn on us and we (my wife and I) are always aware of it but they don't seem to show any reason to ever want to attack us.

Yes sometimes therapy could help people but it's expensive, not everyone can afford it, plus there's lots of people who trust dogs more than people. Dogs show a real affection and trust to you regardless of your background/social status, people on the other hand are very good at acting and are more likely to take advantage of your trust.I didn't bring cats into this because I don't think cats or other pets for that matter make for very good emotional support.

jodzdzownicas avatar jodzdzownica Yeah You Are +7Reply
@jodzdzownica As usual with conversations on pets, this is very dog oriented. I have cats and a bearded dragon. They are so...

I have also had dogs and never had them turn on me. The closest that one came was when he got older, he, a great dane/greyhound mix, loved to crawl under a car, but he had issues with his hind legs. so I had to go pull him out because he couldn't do it himself.

He would then try to bite me because he didn't want to be pulled out. Other than that? he was a great dog.

I also *really* disagree that cats and other pets can't provide emotional support. With cats you definitely get out what you put in. If you put the time and energy in to bond with that cat, it will typically also bond with you and be a good emotional support. I can't speak for other animals, but I would imagine most animals that can form a bond with humans would do that as well. Sadly most people want to get a cat and have it act like a dog, and be able to treat it like a dog.

@Alixkast I have also had dogs and never had them turn on me. The closest that one came was when he got older, he, a great...

If you put the time and energy in to bond with that cat, it will typically also bond with you and be a good emotional support.

Yes some cats are easier than others but I've gotten strong bonds from all my cats and even good bonds with some of my friends cats.

What I love about cats is you really have to earn their love and trust. They won't normally just give it out. When you reach that point it's such a wonderful feeling. We have 5 cats and there's my wife and I and our two kids and our cats have a different relationship with each of us.

i'm guessing you're one of those people pets don't like.

ill go with the pet's judgement of you

Kids are worse, trust me

I honestly can't think of a single thing my dog or cat has destroyed. I don't think they've ever destroyed anything I've owned except for their specific pet toys

Absolutely agreed.

They are also known to turn on their owners.

The worst thing any of my pets has done would be trying to type while I'm writing a paper. There are very few instances of pets turning on their owners.

Some people want companionship.

So you also don't like kid's

in what world to pets "known" to turn on their owners? it's usually the exact opposite way around lol

JohnW305s avatar JohnW305 Yeah You Are +4Reply

To each their own but my dogs are literally my best friends, they're worth whatever trouble they might bring

JoshByer2s avatar JoshByer2 Yeah You Are +4Reply

You think pets are bad? Have you ever heard of kids? There's a read horror story 😂

Iapetus-11s avatar Iapetus-11 Yeah You Are +3Reply

My cats have been quite useful and have caught many mice over the years - I've tried all different types of mousetraps including this expensive kind that electrocutes them and never caught a single one!

"They are also known to turn on their owners."

Glances at hamster cage

Uh...

Milkzeys avatar Milkzey Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Milkzey "They are also known to turn on their owners." Glances at hamster cage Uh...

I think most people's stereotype of small rodents being biters comes from not knowing how to care for them. If they're in a small cage, with nothing to chew, of course they'll be bitey!

mattyh2433s avatar mattyh2433 Yeah You Are +4Reply

Who hurt you?

Professor-kaosss avatar Professor-kaoss Yeah You Are +2Reply

I just don't want to deal with humans all the time, so a dog is perfect company