+78

The only way to get through life is to become crazy, amirite?

vcsandfecess avatar Philosophy
0 44
The voters have decided that vcsandfeces is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I went crazy, then got bored of that after a few hundred years.

As someone who is dealing with a breakup by reading psychology books I definitely agree

There's no such thing as normal… There's no such thing as normal… There's no such thing as normal… There's no such thing…

For what reasons? Sounds like a bit of an angsty teen thing to say

Mcgee0s avatar Mcgee0 Yeah You Are +4Reply

and then you become an adult and get some actual life experience

Professor-kaosss avatar Professor-kaoss Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Professor-kaoss and then you become an adult and get some actual life experience

Life experiences can make you view the world this way. Opposite

Iapetus-11s avatar Iapetus-11 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Sometimes you gotta go a little mad in order to find where you left your sanity .

This sounds like a Joker quote lol, how do you need to be crazy to survive? Crazy people are awful to be around, so Id think being reasonable makes you and your life a lot nicer

synthsexuals avatar synthsexual Yeah You Are +3Reply

"I tell you, in this world, being a little crazy helps to keep you sane.". Zsa Zsa Gabor

You either become crazy enough to be a part of the madness or you get in control of your own choices and become crazy in everybody elses eyes. Crazy all the same.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." —Hunter S Thompson

I'm getting older and I haven't lost my mind. I've gotten more level-headed with time, actually, so er…

@monsterallergies I'm getting older and I haven't lost my mind. I've gotten more level-headed with time, actually, so er…

I know what you're saying, but...

Rejecting the nonsense in this world in order to have a level head is an incredible form of rebellion against the world we actually live in. You have to reject so much nonsense to keep sane and balanced.

And, debatably, that level of rebellion is crazy.

Are you just paraphrasing the Seal song?

‘No we're never gonna survive, unless we get a little crazy.'

I think the more someone learns, the finer the line between enlightenment and insanity

Stay in touch with my insanity is the only way- Jimmy Buffet

"It's so great having an addiction - in this life, you need something to take the edge off."

This epiphany reminds me of Chainsaw Man and the general notion that the insane are most likely to survive.

You know what they say, "You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps!"

But if everybody gets crazy, then crazy is normal and normal is crazy

JoshByer2s avatar JoshByer2 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I love the quote about the yogi and the schizophrenic diving in the same water. One just remembered to bring the tank of oxygen.

I'm more about the acceptance route and avoidance route, depending on the situation or person.

Can confirm, saw DJ Qualls and Eddie Griffin rise to fame with Crazy Eyes...

One of my fav quotes:

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." - Morticia Addams

Tanmoykayesens avatar Tanmoykayesen Yeah You Are +1Reply

Become???? Also, I've been told that I'm too crazy to be normal, but too normal to be crazy!! Where does that leave me??!! 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Seems like a lot of people use some sort of addiction....drugs, exercise, sex, shopping, etc.

"Some people never go crazy.
What truly horrible lives they must lead."
-Bukowski

My dad once said "all adults are trying to figure it out too, we're just old kids, just like you" That day I realised craziness is what takes mankind forward. Be crazy my friends