Add Amirite to your Browser

StarKidLazynezBitchWhoreJohnLockehaleymdavisArchenyteRockylecornergirlsara24bookfreaklightning_lies_lotsThe_EnlightenedHalfOfMyHeartyesitsjessbethanyymc2147eatmewhileimhotlizzaypizzay92IamrightfoshoOMFGItsMERayBabythegreatkappayesyouareritedancerdarbytubabaconchesca_internationalEmyEllyPhantlitapd311irish_wristwatchTrazzzx22AyAmRightdianatwothreeIzzyBooPalindromeIsMekngiht4lifeVictoryAACTuckerWeDoTooHaveHeartsxhopefulxGaussianmakeup_nerdPercyflamingparadiseAbblesamirite14beastman314IzuMelbellasia

Prof_EScupCurtgsouflismdakespownagemastereasilyamusedMeecheSpainradmoncaliforniagirljustcallmelunaMikeTeenagerFromMarsSuomynonaKukuxumushuanelleSeriouslySarcasticAznShadowYuki_chanasleepfromdayTicTacAddictAliceAllanFoFallanBigFlufyBalzswankornTinkerbellToyCarJuliaMjiggles116awesomegerbzyemzwowhatsup200

RockyAyAmRightVictoryAACOzzi
There is historical proof that events depicted in the Bible happened (Do your research before voting), amirite?

I can write a book about the Empire State building and guess what 4,000,000 years from now scientists can find proof that it was actually there, doesn't mean if I say that some fairy lived in there eating apples and throwing sno-cones at people will be true.

I believe that there were men who wrote the bible, that it was purely fictional work, and that they wrote about buildings and places that were around at their time of living, and I do believe there was some dude somewhere named Jesus....now I don't believe he had magical healing resurrecting abilities and had some father who could control our eternity. Because guess what....scientists can find proof of buildings, coins, things that are REAL, but they can't find proof of anything else..wonder why that is...oh maybe because the rest of it is a load of BS.

Anonymous

THANK YOU! I've been waiting for this kind of post. It's sickening when people say that there is no proof and there is proof all around them.

Amiwrong

Haven't they found pieces of what historians are almost positive is Noah's Ark?

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “Haven't they found pieces of what historians...

If noah's ark actually happened, then all the animals would have died out form serious inbreeding.

pownagemaster pownagemaster

In response to “If noah's ark actually happened, then all the...

And if it didn't happen, all the world would be as corrupted as Sodom and Gomorrah was. We're almost at that point, anyways.

StarKid StarKid OP

Anyways, how do you think the human race came about? There was incest because there weren't enough people, at first, but that was before any serious diseases came.

StarKid StarKid OP

i can't believe people are voting you down on this since that's completely true.

username

In response to “i can't believe people are voting you down on...

noah's ark is just a copy from the HISTORICAL story in the Epic of Gilgamesh

Anonymous

You make sense.

AlwaysLove

I read a book about a giant monkey that came to america and started destroying stuff. I think it was called king kong. There are a bunch of different books, and movies about it, so it must be true also!

Coday Coday

In response to “I read a book about a giant monkey that came...

You, sir, are retarded. King Kong wasn't written directly by the inspiration of God.

StarKid StarKid OP

Did you find proof that it existed? You are a complete moron if you believe that.

BitchWhore

In response to “Did you find proof that it existed? You are a...

I have a copy of king kong, therefore it must exist.

Coday Coday

In response to “I have a copy of king kong, therefore it must...

It's called FICTION. The Bible is, however, NONFICTION.

StarKid StarKid OP

In response to “It's called FICTION. The Bible is, however...

That's a very sad example. Obviously, King Kong wasn't written by those with the Holy Spirit in them. Also, the true arguement is that people are FINDING proof that Bible events actually happened. Obviously, nobody is going to find a giant monkey.

Amiwrong

since when was the bible non-fiction?

Anonymous

I don't think the Bible is fiction or nonfiction. I think that it is a collection of myths or legends that have been collaborated into a religion. Some of the stories have artifacts that are being found because they may have occurred but not completely. Things like this happen all the time. People don't understand somehting so they come up with a supernatural being to explain it. This happened to be god and his apostles or whatever they are called. All I know is that it was created by people and they decided which stories should be in it or not. There is archeological proof of that because other gospels are being found that are not in the Bible that are clearly written for the Bible.

Tinkerbell Tinkerbell

I also have copies of Lord of the Rings and Somewhere in TIme, but that doesn't mean that it happened. Sheesh, you are such an ignorant idiot!

BitchWhore

In response to “I also have copies of Lord of the Rings and...

I'm not ignorant, i just don't like people telling me they have "proof" of something, when there is no proof whatsoever.
You can't prove to me there aren't giant monkeys, yet you claim that you know there aren't. I am merely doing the same thing you are doing, but using a different example.

Coday Coday

In response to “I'm not ignorant, i just don't like people...

Well, Mr. all knowledge tell me this. What makes you think there is no proof. Take the end times for instance. It's happening right now, right before your very eyes. And also, the Bible predicted that there would be tsunamis, earthquakes, etc. I'm sorry, but will you please just look at the Bible and stop saying all the stuff your friends say? How about you check it out for yourself. Thanks.

Anonymous

In response to “Well, Mr. all knowledge tell me this. What...

The end of time isn't happening right now. Time is a measurement, and so it doesn't end. Thats like saying we won't be able to measure in liters in 100 years. The bible predicted that there would be tsunamis, and earthquakes? Well I predict that there is going to be an earthquake. So the next earthquake that happens anywhere will be my prediction, which makes me obviously right.
Anybody can predict anything and someone will think it's right.

Coday Coday

Well duhhhhh... earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and tsunamis have been happening for millions of years, even since prehistoric times so basically the bible just stated the obvious

AznShadow

Anonymous

Anonymous

Every Christian in here needs to chill out. It's not about being right, proving yourself, or anything like that. Stop calling people idiots. The reality is that Satan has done a good job, a very good job, of building up humanity's wisdom and feeling of security in what we know. But God has said, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent." And it also says, "God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish." You cannot find God through argument nor lead people to Jesus with proof, but only with love.

Now, some will wonder, why am I quoting the Bible, if it's written by man? How am I using it to back all this? I believe it is the word of God, transcribed by man, dictated by the Holy Spirit. This doesn't make sense to some of you. Not only do I believe it, but I know it. This makes even less sense to you.

Imagine I have a letter my friend wrote me. I didn't see my friend write it or hear him say it, but I know he wrote it.

Rocky Rocky

In response to “Every Christian in here needs to chill out...

"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

This is why arguing is, sadly, of no avail.

Anonymous-er

u sir, are a **** idiot, your quotes say God says we can't trust our mind? so our only tool for survival, which in fact u are wasting for thinking this way. is pointless and we should all be blind dummies worshipping the sky? when one can't trust his intelligence and mind, he CANNOT trust anything else

Anonymous

In response to “u sir, are a **** idiot, your quotes say God...

You, sir, are unnecessarily rude. No, we can't really trust our mind. Our wisdom is biased and foolish and in the end shall perish, but true wisdom comes from God. Sure, it seems stupid, but God's way is the true way to live a fulfilling life. And no, it doesn't entail just sitting around worshiping.

Rocky Rocky

In response to “You, sir, are unnecessarily rude. No, we...

i am rude to anyone who says the mind is foolish. the human mind is what changed the world for man, of course were biased in our own opinion as a human race. there is no other being else to say were wrong since God has not came down and said our amazing ability to think and grasp concepts is apparently stupid and wrong. "true wisdom comes from God" than tell me why this extremely wise **** hasn't just made life better for us from the start, instead of millions of years of poor living conditions(which we managed to advance and get out of using........OUR MIND)

Anonymous

Because of how well I know my friend, I can recognize that it was actually written by him.

Because of my deep relationship with God, I can recognize the Bible is actually His word, not by what someone has told me.

Rocky Rocky

In response to “Because of how well I know my friend, I can...

Thank you. Couldn't have said it any better myself :).

StarKid StarKid OP

ur best buddies with God? does he come over on Saturdays to hang out and tell you all about his day?

Anonymous

In response to “ur best buddies with God? does he come over...

God is friends with everybody. Everybody, however, is not friends with God.

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “God is friends with everybody. Everybody...

If God were friends with everyone then why would he put us throught hese terrible situations even when you haven't done anything wrong?

Tinkerbell Tinkerbell

In response to “If God were friends with everyone then why...

It is his plan. This is what you need to go through. Everybody has their own plan. It is sort of like when your fr4iends give you tough decisions. But, with God, the shit you go through will end up getting you where you should be. It is damn-near impossible to get off God's track, unless you sin, of course. Because God can't be with the sinners in the end. Which is why you go to Hell, I believe.I haven't really had time to read the Bible. So, I go off what I get told by my Christian friend, who has, in fact, studied the important parts of the Bible.

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “It is his plan. This is what you need to go...

god hasn't chosen a path for you. You chose your own path. For one there are many things that you can do that is actually right and to god it's considered a sin. Like being homosexual you can't help it if you are a guy/girl that likes the same gender. To god that is a sin. So I don't think that god choses your path.

Tinkerbell Tinkerbell

In response to “god hasn't chosen a path for you. You chose...

Here is a quote thatmy mother has on her computer desk:

"One night, I had a dream. I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and across the skies flashed scenes from my life. In each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One was mine, and one was the Lord's. When the last scene of my life appeared before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand, and, to my surprise, I noticed that many times along the path of my life there was only one set of footprints. And I noticed that it was at the lowest and saddest times in my life. I asked the Lord about it: "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. But, I notice that during he most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of pfootprints. I don't understand why you left my side when I needed you most." The Lord said : "My precious child, I never left you during your time of trial. Where you se eonly one set of footprints, I was carrying you."

Lazynez Lazynez

I believe that will answer your post. God loves all his children, no matter what they do. He understands we are human and we make mistakes. God created moral standards, and by going against those, THAT created sin. God did not. But, the penalty for sin is death, so Jesus came down to earth, a sinless man, and he died so we could live. He payed the price for our **** ups. There are quite a few sins. Lying, Lack of Integrity, Homosexuality, Bad-Mouthing those we differ, and then there are the seven deadly sins: Lust, Envy, Pride, Sloth, Gluttony, Wrath, and Greed. All you have to do, though, is do the best you can to avoid those sins, and if you do, God and Jesus are the BEST forgivers known to exist by those who believe in them. :)

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “I believe that will answer your post. God...

But you can't control homosexuality, it just happens. And I think that if god does not like that and thinks it is a sin then he shouldn't have created it. If what the bible says is true and god created everything then why would he create sins that he doesn't like or even the possibility of it. Plus everyone dies at somepoint whether or not you have sinned or not. I think that if god and jesus can't forgive you for loving someone and being kind to them and having them love you back regardless of gender and you believing in them then they are not the "BEST" forgivers to exist.

Tinkerbell Tinkerbell

Lmfao, look at that, 28 comments and hardly that many votes... How predictable. People who voted Yeah You Are, be the sensible ones and just ignore these atheist trolls.

The_Enlightened The_Enlightened

In response to “Lmfao, look at that, 28 comments and hardly...

So you're saying I'm a troll even though you've NEVER met me?

Santeria

In response to “So you're saying I'm a troll even though...

You can troll without being a troll. I'm just saying when someone comes along saying "l0l, guys, i read teh book calleds king kong, and der wuz giant monkies, and ders moovies bout it, and l0l, i guess dat makes it true!1!!1," how is that not trolling?

The_Enlightened The_Enlightened

In response to “You can troll without being a troll. I'm just...

He technically wasn't trolling. He was using another book as an example. Saying that there are many pieces to that, such as the Bible, so if the Bible is true, then he supposes that Kinbg Kong is true. Because there is as much proof that King Kong existed as there is the Bible to him.

Lazynez Lazynez

trolls, wow emotional and close-minded much, just because someone has a different viewpoint on how we humans came to be doesnt justify them being a troll.

AznShadow

In response to “trolls, wow emotional and close-minded much...

I said to ignore the atheist trolls, not all the atheists. Pay attention.

The_Enlightened The_Enlightened

In response to “I said to ignore the atheist trolls, not all...

In Azn's defense, it seemed like you were calling all atheists "trolls".

Anonymous

In response to “In Azn's defense, it seemed like you were...

Yeah, I apologize for that, what I meant to say was we should ignore the people going "H@H@H@ UR ALL ST00PED NONE OF THAT EVR HAPPNED," but we should not ignore the people who have valid arguments.

The_Enlightened The_Enlightened

In response to “Yeah, I apologize for that, what I meant to...

well yeah, i hate that to if there are valid agruements and proven facts in support of someone's position, i would love to hear it, but if some imature moron is just spamming ur stupid then yeah, ignore him

AznShadow

In response to “well yeah, i hate that to if there are valid...

Lol, maybe we should just stop arguing. Arguing over the internet is dumb. Especially about politics and religion. No one's died and lived to tell the tale yet, so how can we know for sure what happens?

Sorry if I offended anyone. I'm out.

The_Enlightened The_Enlightened

In response to “Lol, maybe we should just stop arguing...

Probably... Arguing about relgion online is really dumb, especially on amirite soooo yeah im out as well

AznShadow

Yes, there is historical proof that events depicted in the bible happened but there was also a book(The oldest piece of literature we know of) written thousands of years before the bible that tells almost the exact same story as the bible.

John_Smith John_Smith

In response to “Yes, there is historical proof that events...

and what book might that be so we know ur not bullshitting

Anonymous

In response to “and what book might that be so we know ur not...

The epic of Gilgamesh depicts Noah and the flood, Adam and eve in the garden of Eden.

Also, there are many similarities between Jesus and Osiris-Dionysus.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa2.htm

John_Smith John_Smith

In response to “The epic of Gilgamesh depicts Noah and the...

Epic of Gilgamesh was written BEFORE the bible, therefore bible stole it

Anonymous

In response to “Epic of Gilgamesh was written BEFORE the...

*and in gilgamesh's story if youve ever read part of it there is multiple Gods, they do not inform him of the flood, he sees it in a dream and secretly builds a boat. the gods get pissed but one of them convinces the others to allow him to live.
its completely different from Noah's other then the fact a flood took place

Anonymous

I'm not voting because:
1. I don't feel like doing research
2. Maybe the events were real, but
-maybe not enough evidence to convince everyone
-maybe not enough to prove everything in the bible is real.

(I'm an atheist and I KNOW Jesus was a real dude and you can think this, just don't bash everyone who doesn't agree)

Santeria

In response to “I'm not voting because: 1. I don't feel like...

I believe there was a Jesus, but, like you, researching a topic so close to finals week is at the bottom of my to-do list

Katffro Katffro

In response to “I believe there was a Jesus, but, like you...

there was a dude named Jesus, we just don't think he was a zombie superpower, and he follows the EXACT same story of the pagan god Mithra that was present in the people's faith at the same time. which led to persecution of christians

Anonymous

In response to “there was a dude named Jesus, we just don't...

I don't believe Jesus was the "son of God" or any of that. But there was a Jesus.

Katffro Katffro

Who gives a ****?
Who cares where we came from?
All that matters is where you're going.

Anonymous

ok the bible was written by a guy on LSD that went crazy and saw visions. like think about those stories.. thats not a person in a normal mind set. if god was real then y would he create so many atheists?? he would just get rid of us no?
and the monkey was a bad example but u cant actually prove that god exists, im not saying he doesnt, but what is around you is all proven by science. no one has seen god, no one knows if there is a hell or heaven! you cant prove any of this so just keep believing or whatever but just don't tell other people what to do!

Meeche

In response to “ok the bible was written by a guy on LSD that...

Yes, just like the THEORY of evolution hasn't exactly been proved. To believers, God is like the air. You can't see it; but you feel it there. And we also believe that God is loving and forgiving. He didn't exactly create atheists. Do you know that story of Adam and Eve? How they became sinners by eating from the tree of Good and Evil or whatever? We believe that's why there are so many different, imperfect people in the world. But yet, God wouldn't destroy us like he did in Noah's Ark. Not again because he loves us all the same way whether we believe in him or not. It's not something anyone can really understand. That's why people choose to become atheists. Believe me, I totally respect Atheists so don't think I'm getting all up in your face trying to shove my religion down your throat.

NotACommunist NotACommunist

All you people saying that evolution is wrong, shut up!! Evolution has been proven you idiots, and the reason that there are still monkeys is because we might have evolved from a distinct group of monkeys, and the others didnt evolve because their habitat suited them idiots!

pownagemaster pownagemaster

In response to “All you people saying that evolution is...

Explain to me, a poor ignorant Christian, how evolution, a scientific THEORY, has been proven. And while you're at it, how about you look up the definition of the word "theory."

Anonymous-er

In response to “Explain to me, a poor ignorant Christian, how...

(Anonymous-er): Theory in the context of science means something different than in any other context. It doesn't mean what someone thinks has happened. It has a lot of evidence for it.

Rocky Rocky

(Anonymous-er): I found this online: "As used in science, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena. " So, it is still a fact, but it is also a theory. :/

Lazynez Lazynez

(Anonymous-er): you know. THEORY. hmmm... . like, GRAVITY?

username

In response to “(Anonymous-er): you know. THEORY...

Gravity is a proven theory. Evolution, however, is not.

StarKid StarKid OP

In response to “Gravity is a proven theory. Evolution...

so its called a theory because?

username

Gravity is called a theory because there's no way we can 100% prove it, because we can't measure it or see it. But we accept that it exists. The same goes for the evolution theory.

lilly

Gravity is a theory? :O I thought it was a law. The Law of Gravity. Newton's Law of Gravitational Force? There are theories on HOW gravity works, but I believe that gravity itself is a Law.

Lazynez Lazynez

I'm an atheist, but evolution is still only a theory. I believe in it, but we can't back it up 100%, like gravity.
You can "feel" gravity, in a sense. Everything is being pulled to the earth. Apples aren't randomly floating. Just like there's evidence of evolution.
But you can't convince everyone....

Katffro Katffro

before you go around talking about evolution, know what the **** it is please. it does NOT say we evolved from monkeys, we share a common ancestor which we are still looking for, as for some proof of the theory, we have found bones of the Australopithecus series of humanlike beings which then led to the homo erectus and such then to the missing link and then to us

Anonymous

If Christianity were the truth, than anyone who works on a sunday would be dead. Come on, please think the whole concept through.

Anonymous

In response to “If Christianity were the truth, than anyone...

It's an obsolete rule and he wouldn't kill us because of that. It was just frowned upon. It's obsolete just like the don't-eat-pork one. He didn't want us to eat pork, because that was before food was processed and he didn't want them to get sick.

Anonymous

In response to “It's an obsolete rule and he wouldn't kill us...

You know, even back then, there was this thing called fire which can cook food.

Rylin

In response to “You know, even back then, there was this...

I laughed when I read that. Had you done research, as was advised, you would find that ancient methods of cooking were terribly unreliable and would often result in food that was barely warm at all in the middle, even though the outside was charred.

Anonymous-er

In response to “I laughed when I read that. Had you done...

(Anonymous-er): Meat was eaten in ancient times, cooked with those methods. If God cared so much, why not order them to become vegetarians?

Rylin

Ur only human... what i want to know is why WE AS HUMANS are allowed to choose what rules of the bible were MEANT for that time period and were meant for this time period if apparently the ENTIRE bible is the word of god

Anonymous

In response to “Ur only human... what i want to know is why...

humans are the most amazing thing on this planet, we should trust ourselves and our mind, not some fantasy character higher than ourselves

Anonymous

The bible is FICTION. Do-gooder parables to teach people (or scare people) into doing the right thing. I can tolerate christians just fine... until I find out that they're the type of christians who take things a little too literally. There's a reason non-christians and atheists exsist, and why religion will never truly reign - there is simply not enough proof for such saboutlandish concept.

Querty

In response to “The bible is FICTION. Do-gooder parables to...

Bible=Non-fiction
*Goes to Bing*
Hmm, seems I am going to have to call both of us wrong.

You have to remember, the bible was written thousands of thousands of years ago. Through translations, made by man, we cannot be too sure if it is true or false. Most of it could be true, and the rest false. Maybe a mistranslation told us what Jesus could and could not do, but we translated Noah's Ark's story correctly. :/ Who knows?

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “Bible=Non-fiction *Goes to Bing* Hmm, seems I...

noah's ark is a ripoff of Gilgamesh flood story with the gods, Jesus is a ripoff of the pagan god Mithra

Anonymous

There is evidence of some of the things that happened in the bible... that doesn't mean the entire thing, or even most of it is true. Some of the stories were definitely inspired by true events though.

Kel

I'm a Christian and I fully believe in God, but I also believe a lot of the bible was for interpretation and if we are to be truly Christian we should not bash others for there beliefs, but rather accept them for what they believ and who they are. Trying to prove your better or right isn't following Jesus, it's feeling you are more than someone else, an God made everyone equal. It shouldn't matter to you if some people don't believe in God.

Anonymous

In response to “I'm a Christian and I fully believe in God...

It matters because God calls us to bring as many people to the Faith as possible. Not through violence and torture, as other religions have taught (including some misguided Christians), but through peaceful means.

Anonymous-er

In response to “It matters because God calls us to bring as...

'@182306' I don't believe that we need to change the minds of others. If they choose to join Christianity that's good, but I don't think we should interfere. God loves all of us anyway and has a plan for us all, Christians, atheists, and Muslims.

Anonymous

In response to “'@182306' I don't believe that we need to...

and hindus and buddists! ;D

Anonymous

And pagans and nihilists. And basically any other belief.

PoliticalTeen.

oh my god.

You just earned my respect there.

I'm in shock o.o You're the first Christian I know of who ever said that out loud (well, you know what I mean) :D

Santeria

Thank you, thank you, thank youuuuuu so much! Your one of the few non hypocrite christians out there. Thank you for hearing another agruement, though we disagree on the creation of the world we live in you still respected the other persons right to believe in something else

AznShadow

THANK YOU!! I really and truly respect Christians like you. You're not shoving religion in anyone's face or telling them they're wrong =D You respect religion.
Everyone should respect the religions of others. It's one thing if they just give their view, it's another if they tell you you're wrong [in which case, you would have a good reason to argue back]

Katffro Katffro

Adding to the last post, I believe in evolution, the big bang, and God. I believe they coexist, science and religion, rather than contradict. Science is proven, so I believe it. It just takes more spirituality to believe God.

Anonymous

In response to “Adding to the last post, I believe in...

I couldn't agree more. I've always believed in both (maybe God a little more than evolution) but people would think I was crazy!

NotACommunist NotACommunist

I love you.

PoliticalTeen.

There really isn't any historical proof. There have been only four historical accounts of vague accounts someone called "Christus" or "the Christ", and one of those has been found to be a fake. And there really isn't any proof that artifacts archaeologists have found are truly pieces of things like Noah's Ark- to be honest, it will probably never be proven.
Many of the stories in the Bible were also basically ripped off of religions that came before Christianity. The Egyptian religion, for example. The Bible has also been translated many, many times, and as a result has man mistranslations. Some stories have been found to have astrological backgrounds, as well.
Please, I would appreciate it if you also did your research.

Rylin

In response to “There really isn't any historical proof...

Wait...ripped off? You can't rip off religion. This could mean they believe and event from another religion happened, or maybe that that event happened, but they saw it a different way?

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “Wait...ripped off? You can't rip off...

You could "rip off" ideas. If someone makes a unique cake with chocolate, strawberries, and blueberries, someone could rip off of that make make a cake with vanilla, strawberries, and blueberries.

Not sure if that's a good example.

Anonymous

as stated in a previous comment, Noah's ark story "ripoff" of the Epic of Gilgamesh- on of the first books ever written in the history of man. and jesus a ripoff of the pagan god Mithra in roman times

Anonymous

In response to “as stated in a previous comment, Noah's ark...

Well then Allah is a rip-off of God[!] You cannot rip-off in religion. You can, however, believe things happened a different way. :)

Lazynez Lazynez

In response to “Well then Allah is a rip-off of God[!] You...

Allah and God are the same thing, Allah is the arabic word for God. not a rip-off.... idiot

Anonymous

In response to “Allah and God are the same thing, Allah is...

Allah is the muslim god. Muslim is a completely different religion, and Allah requires different things than the Christian God. :) I believe he requires you to follow the pillars. But, yes, they are both gods. No, I am not an idiot. And did you notice the brackets? That means I was being sarcastic.
http://www.studytoanswer.net/myths_ch3.html

Lazynez Lazynez

The Noah's Ark thing can be proved. Carbon Dating, possible inscribings, etc. etc. Everything can be proved if you want to prove it badly enough. :)

Lazynez Lazynez

*sigh* no one is ever going to prove whether religions are real or if they AREN'T real. there is no proof on either side to completely prove an argument. no one will ever win in these arguments. everyone just needs to chill out and stop shoving their beliefs down other people's throats.

Anonymous

I think that everyone has the right to believe what they want about God and be accepted by others. But with this right comes the responsibilty of making sure you accept the beliefs of others and do not knock them down or disregard them. Because of this people shouldn't try and prove that their belief is better, and just carry on believing their own thing, not minding what others think of it.

I personally agree with the theory of evolution but I'm not declaring that this post is false or flaming others for their views.

In my opinion, people who are extreme about their religion and dislike other people having a different view tend to be untrue to their faiths as these are often the people who start religious wars to make them seem better than others.

This reply had not intention of flaming and in return I would like no flamers :)

Anonymous

In response to “I think that everyone has the right to...

'@182335 Anonymous' I'm Christian, and I believe exactly what you said. I believe God and science can coexist and that everyone should be allowed to believe what they want and be accepted for it. Good job!

Anonymous

Goodness sakes people.

Neither can be proved no matter what you say, what you bring to the table, nothing; maybe even never. The only time we will know is when we die, but even then, it's not like we can just come back fully alive and go "Hey, we don't do anything when we die," or "Hey, we go to heaven!"

You know, there is probably a reason why we can't prove wrong or right. There is nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but calm down.

Voltaic Transfusion

i can't believe this is even an argument. first off: the whole noah's ark thing? no. they didn't even know the America's existed. however, there is proof of a smaller flood happening in the middle east. therefore, the "word of god" has been a bit exaggerated to make it seem powerful.

personally, i'd like it if people could start LEARNING instead of listening to a book written by men about 2000 years ago.

username

In response to “i can't believe this is even an argument...

Wait, wait wait. They didn't even KNOW about the America's? Where did you come up with that? And, yes, the Middle East is actually where a baot that historians are almost positive is Noah's Ark has been found.

Lazynez Lazynez

Your evidence for proof that the bible is real, can't be events that happened in the bible.

MOSES

just to end this crap, you can believe in the Bible or not. The theory of evolution can come from different points of view (God's creation, or the scientific evolution, etc.) but let people believe what they want and not make one comment that gets everyone freaking out about something.

meow.

Wow some of you need to do better research (and realize that wikipedia does NOT count). Plenty of events that happened in the bible have been proven. The bible itself has not (contrary to what some of you christians are claiming) Im christian and some of you other christians need to learn what you're talking about. And Rocky if you're going to quote the bible, please don't take verses out of context. It just makes you look stupid. That verse wasnt saying that God's going to destroy science or knowledge at all. It was talking about the false gods actually.....but you were close.....not

P.O.D.

again the bible is composed of STORIES that point to a greater truth.. so about the whole ark thing? yeah i dont think that happened..i mean if the atmosphere could hold enough weight in the form of raindrops, our hydrostatic equilibrium would be so OFF. our atmosphere would collapse. *KABOOM* second of all, two of every animal? that boat would have the the size of frickin' north america? how the hell do you lose something the size of that?!

JasperLoves

In response to “again the bible is composed of STORIES that...

It was a big boat, and as I stated below, I guarantee that there were many animals left behind. And not all of it could have come from rain drops. Tsunamis are a factor, since we have these things called OCEANS that can FGLOOD cities, and goe pretty far out if given enough power.

Lazynez Lazynez

the big bang is indeed a theroy. BUT there is alot of evidence to support it. Evelution did and is still taking place. We all started as little specks of atoms which continued to react creating elements etc... Eventually plant life evolved from these and little tiny microscopic organisms where also created. The air was mainly CO2 then so the ants grew and photosynthesis ment the air gradually got more oxygen meaning the microoganisms could grow. They then had mutations in cells to create new species etc... And the process carries on. Then the good genes pass on to offspring helping them survive untill with all the mutations and natural selection going on alot of species where created. Eventually humans arrived and we are still mutating and changing but it takes millions and millions of years for any drastic change to happen.
Now, the bible may be true, there may have been some jesus guy and some god guy but truth is he did not create humans or earth. He may be a caring spirit but h...

Anonymous

i never knew that 2 of every single animal in the world lives WITHING WALKING DISTANCE OF NOAH'S HOUSE. plus in the bible noah was over 400 years old? HOW THE ****

Anonymous

In response to “i never knew that 2 of every single animal in...

After the flood, God said that nobody would be able to live about 120-something years old. think 2 or 3 people have beaten that, but before the flood, people lived up to one thousand years old. God knew that was a mistake. Thus causing the flood, destroying the world. And, no, Noah had to adventure. I guarantee that alot of animals have been left out. Maybe there was, in fact, a unicorn. Maybe Noah couldn't get it. But, of course, God gave Noah fair warning.

Lazynez Lazynez

quote from best author ever.
"Do you believe in God, Andrei? No. Neither do I. But that's a favorite question of mine. An upside-down question, you know. What do you mean? Well, if I asked people whether they believed in life, they'd never understand what I meant. It's a bad question. It can mean so much that it really means nothing. So I ask them if they believe in God. And ... See Moreif they say they do—then, I know they don't believe in life. Why? Because, you see, God—whatever anyone chooses to call God—is one's highest conception of the highest possible. And whoever places his highest conception above his own possibility thinks very little of himself and his life. It's a rare gift, you know, to feel reverence for your own life and to want the best, the greatest, the highest possible, here, now, for your very own. To imagine a heaven and then not to dream of it, but to demand it."

Anonymous

I'm just gonna say this. In almost every fictional novel, there are events that have really happened. You can't justify saying something is fact because parts of it are. There's a book filled with utter nonsense which would be almost impossible to prove, and yet because it is paraded as fact, people believe!

Nobody meant for the bible to be interpreted as fact. Just as parts of the bible have been proven correct, other parts have been proven false: For much of the bible to be correct, the age of the Earth would have to be much younger than the age science has proven. It's symbolic.

I support many of the rules of the Christian faith, but when they start babbling like this, I can't just stand by.

Courage_Wolf Courage_Wolf

*sigh* I'm not even going to bother voting. It would be pointless. Yes, some occurrences have a piece or two (perhaps more) of evidence, but that does not mean it's utter fact and should be shoved down anyone's throat.

There are other religious texts with the same amount of evidence towards their religion. Does that make them utter fact as well? no, not likely.

How about, before posting inane "YOU GOTTA BELIEVE IN GOD!!!!!" posts, you actually consider that not everyone is comfortable in your religion?

StitchedScythe StitchedScythe

1000 years from now, they're going to read Harry Potter and find a castle in England and think that Harry Potter is real.

Anonymous

has anyone else noticed that the comments have yet to actually say something specific from the bible that has been proven and HOW it has been proven. all these comments are just a waste of vague blabbering

Anonymous

Continue