LaLaLaLucyLazynezmirfish3incediothearmoredpotato_14DHArebafanSarahmc2147yay_jacket_doonaMmhmmmaffenhausenSoyChelseailovethomasSnobbyDrugAddictShielycheer4miaKalopsiaarmtheangelsGracieBoBaciePeanutButterBrowniesantswasabi999chelseaHey_ThereTawnyRaeJennaGeeegarcia22departuringsilverdreams92aoife_123cuzimasherpathePretenderBigbluecripes121ihatesocksBethanytheravenclawvivideventermybentoboxloverat222ProsopagnosiasosillysugarbabyTruttaceousTemulenceBrettIloveyou_lovemetoDestroyMySweaterDetectivedinobeastRajpeace_love_happiness

cypherNormaNum_numHettyPotterTruuninjaMarlinDBNOInu_chanLittleLolachris9Momofangirl12cazhaztoezSEXY_BEASTSpearmintMilkCNBlueSNSDlessthan3StalkingPineappleKristenMyhipusernameepicly_averageCagnwadslifeErinThatbitchZiajaydnaleensansatoastedbreadapandasaurusrexAsphyxiatedMelodiesToastedStewsprite590technonZariaYamiAmyJay_WeezeyAshezzxLeeCoffeebreakNacklefoodleNotSoTypicaltropicaltoastercanadianigloostheonlystrangeoneJax528491RedVinesErbearrivalrasta_loveracciocaitlinSiceria

DracoKatzeRabbit_FuzzBlooregard_Q_Kazoo
It's pretty sad when someone obsesses over asian music, asian singers, asian dramas and asian food when they're not even asian. amirite?

What's wrong with being strongly interested in another culture?

chris9

Lex?

DHA DHA

In response to “Lex?

I'm not sure what you're talking about but no; it's this girl I know.

LaLaLaLucy LaLaLaLucy

There are a few girls at my school like this. One even said, "I wish I could just, like, inject asian into me and be asian." Not even kidding.

ChubbyBunniez ChubbyBunniez

chris9

It's an Asian invasion in their mind.

JennaGee JennaGee

I am one of these girls. But hey, I just like thier culture A LOT better than the Australian culture. It kinda amazes me :) they're also very pretty and usually have petite body shapes. Something I wish I had :)

cazhaztoez cazhaztoez

In response to “I am one of these girls. But hey, I just like...

You're pretty enough. :)

Anonymous

There we go with insulting yourself so people will compliment you

toastedbread toastedbread

In response to “There we go with insulting yourself so people...

How am I insulting myself? I wasn't even fishing for compliments, that is the true reason I adore Asians. Japanese to be exact. They have a nice body shape, yeah, I like it and I want to be like them. I also don't get complements too often. So don't get all annoyed at me.

cazhaztoez cazhaztoez

In response to “How am I insulting myself? I wasn't even...

Sorry, that just happens all the time with certain girls

toastedbread toastedbread

Well, Asian television is pretty interesting....
Asian music, not so much... its just stupid pop crap

lana lana

In response to “Well, Asian television is pretty...

There's some really good stuff actually. It depends on what you listen to.

fangirl12 fangirl12

In response to “There's some really good stuff actually. It...

Well yeah, there are some good ones. But its soo hard to find them. And all the popular, easy to find artists are all pop idol groups... :|

lana lana

In response to “Well yeah, there are some good ones. But its...

That's because Japanese marketers are all about money and they sell out in a second with little regard for quaility as long as it sells well. If the only Japanese songs you like are from anime then you have to broaden your horizen.(There are still some good songs from animes)

fangirl12 fangirl12

In response to “That's because Japanese marketers are all...

Well, the anime i watch has some pretty awesome songs. I also love a lot of the lesser known bands. Oh, and Okinawa music. Lice that stuff. But l hate the Japanese and Korean studio produced groups that are really popular just because of the way they look. And that us where most of the easily available music comes from.

lana lana

In response to “Well, the anime i watch has some pretty...

Lol @ lice.... its supposed to be love. Fail...

lana lana

Japanese shows are so different from Chinese or Korean one

mybentobox mybentobox

In response to “Japanese shows are so different from Chinese...

Yeah. But all three have their specialities.
Korean dramas are really good if you want to watch cute love stories...
Chinese, well mainland, dramas have some awesome historic stuff.
Japanese is just awesome if you want to watch dramas about some serious social issues and other stuff that you may have never even thought about.

lana lana

I actually really like some Korean songs. I'm surprised at how many Korean rap artists there are. I don't know why, it just is.

fangirl12 fangirl12

Yeah, because it's totally weird for anyone to like something that isn't completely from their race. That's why I don't like fried chicken, burritos, or any music that's not from white people. But it's perfectly fine when they're obsessed with Gossip Girl, American musicians and cheeseburgers, because they'reall about of white people, just like me! :)

fangirl12 fangirl12

maybe they really like the culture.

Cagn

Then why is it okay for Asian Americans to only like white singers, western food and American movies?

Anonymous

In response to “Then why is it okay for Asian Americans to...

LIES! Second Generation Asians are very proud of our culture and love Asian shows and Movies

mybentobox mybentobox

In response to “LIES! Second Generation Asians are very proud...

Some really don't like stuff like Chinese food, anime, or asian music. Does that mean they're as bad as non-asians who really like asian stuff?

fangirl12

In response to “Some really don't like stuff like Chinese...

Im just saying his comment isnt completely false

mybentobox mybentobox

Psh, Asian people are amazing.

Erin Erin

This is stupid. REGARDLESS of race, what should it matter? The main problem is the obsession. And the reason why most people like "Asian" stuff, is mainly because of anime. Or at least that is how it is started.

And even if they don't like anime, what's wrong with at least liking the culture and not obsessing? I don't obsess about liking Canada, but I still enjoy it. And I am one of those people who are interested in countries. There is nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous

In response to “This is stupid. REGARDLESS of race, what...

Nobody said there was anything wrong with that..

bro

In response to “Nobody said there was anything wrong with that..

They are basically saying that it is okay to obsess if you are Asian, but not when you aren't.

I'm saying that what does it matter? Regardless of race, obsessing isn't very necessary. Being an Asian is who is obsessed what they are technically would be even more conceited.

Anonymous

In response to “They are basically saying that it is okay to...

Wooahhh that last sentence was a little sketchy, might want to go back and check your wording bro. That definitely made no sense.

bro

In response to “Wooahhh that last sentence was a little...

Not really, but I suppose you can't comprehend and read very well. I basically said that obsessing over your own culture would make you sound even more conceited. Mainly depending if you flaunted it or not.

Anonymous

In response to “Not really, but I suppose you can't...

Oh wow. Let's relax, there's no need to try to get big with me by whipping out the best of your 7th grade vocabulary. I never said I didn't understand the point you were attempting to make, believe me your words and ideas aren't as complex or insightful as you think. All I was saying before is that your sentence was written incorrectly, and that is a fact. "Being an Asian is who is obsessed what they are technically would be even more conceited." That does NOT make sense. Had you gone back to reread your post, you could have seen this, corrected it, and ultimately better gotten your point, although completely insignificant, across to everyone else. I would correct your grammar in your previous comment, but that would be going too far. (:

bro

In response to “Oh wow. Let's relax, there's no need to try...

It does make sense and I did reread my post. The only problem is that I forgot "with", but apparently you couldn't figure that out. And seventh grade vocabulary? I naturally type like that. I wouldn't spend my time perfecting a sentence. :p

Anonymous

In response to “It does make sense and I did reread my post...

Hmm.. don't you think that's what I was talking about? And the extra "is", which apparently YOU couldn't figure out. (: Wait a few years before you start talking down to people like that kid. Attain some real knowledge. You're a little too ignorant to be so arrogant.

bro

I don't see how that was '7th grade vocabulary.'

Sounds to me like you pulled that out of your **** because you were trying to find an imaginary argument against them just because they disagree with you. Many people resort to this in arguments, which makes them appear desperate and immature.

Same with the 'relax' thing. They weren't freaking out or anything, just replying to you. You just got angry that they did.

I think you are the one who needs to relax and agree to disagree instead of automatically making personal slanders that are completely irrelevant.

durdurdurr

In response to “I don't see how that was '7th grade...

Genius! Thanks for opening my eyes bro.. Next time I won't automatically make irrelevant personal slanders, I'll wait a little bit first. (:

brotrollolololol

Jump in randomly much? You're the immature one for jumping into a random arguement. You're just feeding the troll. Btw, I love bro(:

Anonymous

In response to “Jump in randomly much? You're the immature...

Love you too brah! :D

bro

I find it really annoying

Anonymous

It is annoying when someone is overly proud of their culture.

LAKERSoverHEAT LAKERSoverHEAT

I knew a girl who was so jealous of me being Asian. It really felt like she was trying to out-asian me by buying Asian stuff and collecting Asian media. I felt sorry for her. It's sad when they overdo it. Admiring and immersing yourself in a different culture is amazing, but don't act like you are Asian if you're not. It's kind of douchy and disrespectful.

Anonymous

My friend is exactly like this. I didn't realize there were other people that were as obsessed with Asians as she is. It's extremely annoying. And the sad part is, she thinks she's really cool for loving Asians.

ashlaaaay ashlaaaay

In response to “My friend is exactly like this. I didn't...

What's with you people continuing to use the word 'sad?' That's what your 'friend' likes, then ** let her! Is she harming anyone? No. Then you need to let her know that you aren't a true friend to her so she can find some instead of sticking with two-faced ** like you who act like they're friends with someone only to talk shit. After all, you don't want to continue to be friends with such 'sad' individuals, right?

notyourconcern

In response to “What's with you people continuing to use the...

lol actually she already knows how annoyed I am by her love of asians hahaha

ashlaaaay ashlaaaay

AND THEY ARE ALL BLACK WHAT IS THE DEALIO

Previously_Sane Previously_Sane

Or in general they are obsessed with Asians period

Ofcourseiamrite

HELL NO! ASIAN PEOPLE ARE THE BEST!

theonlystrangeone theonlystrangeone

Vocaloid <3

MoveBitch

I'm not one of those people but I don't see what's wrong with liking different cultures. It's certainly not sad, it's better seeking out new things than staying with the same old stuff for the rest of your life. You could be missing out, you never know!

Indi

In response to “I'm not one of those people but I don't see...

difference between obsessing and liking.

HURR

In response to “difference between obsessing and liking.

And that was relevant to this comment, HOW?

durdurdur

In response to “And that was relevant to this comment, HOW?

I guess your mind didn't make the connection right away, allow me to help(:

Comment: ""...I don't see what's wrong with "liking" different cultures.""

Post: ""It's pretty sad when someone "obsesses" over asian music...""

OP never said there was anything wrong with LIKING another culture, that would be extremely ignorant. He or she dislikes the OBSESSION of other cultures by people. Thus leading to HURR's comment, which absolutely makes sense.

brah

So people should ONLY like things within their own culture and race? It's sad that there are people like you who actually think things like this. I would put money on it that you are white.

Thanks for further convincing others that all white people are racist. I'm not saying that you are being that way, but many other races wouldn't hesitate to take it that way.

notyourconcern

How is this any different than all the white people who are obsessed with rap music? It's not part of their culture but they love it. Let them. Let anyone be obsessed with anything. Who cares as long as it isn't harming you.

Anonymous